“Delicious Food & Lovely Atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe

Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe
Ranked #4 of 229 Restaurants in Holland
Cuisines: American, European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious Food & Lovely Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'm in love with European culture and food. So, when I heard about Alpenrose Restaurant and Cafe, I just had to go. I ate the Wiener Schnitzel and it was simply delicious. I felt like I was back in Vienna. It's pretty expensive, so I recommend dropping by during lunch hours so you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for your meal. Lunch is quite a bit cheaper.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Oxford, Michigan
“Slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

While the server was pleasant, service was unbelievably slow and the restaurant was not particularly busy. The food was good but not memorable.

“Pricey- not sure what the inside looks like”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

When we went on a Friday night, the restaurant was booked for a wedding reception. Good for them, but interesting choice during the summer peak season. Outdoor seating was on the street where they had about 8 tables.

Food was good, but pricey for what you get.

Visited July 2014
“The tables.. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The tables have to be the most uncomfortable table I have ever tried to use to eat dinner. I went with my grandmother for girls night and we both were pleased with the food, the service was okay but it's hard to enjoy when you have no where to put your feet for the goofy bars under the table.

“Oily pasta, inattentive service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ate al fresco, which was really great on the street in Holland. The people watching was fun. However, the waitress was also people watching, and greeting her friends as they passed by, so she took her sweet time getting us our food, and it was somewhat cold by the time we got it. She didn't come back to check on us, either. The entrees we had tasted okay (I LOVED the taste of the mashed potatoes, even though they were luke warm) but my pasta was super oily, to the point where there was a pool of grease on the bottom of the plate. The taste was fine. The prices were sort of medium, not too outrageous, but not a bargain, either. I might return, sit inside, and order some of the more traditional Austrian/German fare just to try it. I would hope for a different server.

• Visited July 2014