“Don't be fooled by the strip mall location!”
Review of Thai Palace

Thai Palace
Ranked #51 of 234 Restaurants in Holland
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Thai Palace offer authentic Thai cuisine. We've maintained our top ten list on trip advisor for many years. We have been awarded 2008 minority business of the year by Holland Area Chamber of Commerce. Highly rated by our local and visitor customers. Thank you everyone for all your reviews. We appreciate your inputs and opinions. We promise to continue our best to service you. Thank you!
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Don't be fooled by the strip mall location!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This is a spotless and spacious restaurant with wonderful food and excellent service. Pad Thai is my favorite...fresh ingredients are served piping hot from the kitchen. I'm not even tempted to try anyplace else in town for Thai fare.

Visited June 2014

Kokomo, Indiana
“Great place for Thai food”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for several years. The food is always delicious no matter which dish we have tried. We especially enjoy the ginger rice chicken soup and summer rolls. The service is always good and the owner always makes sure that we have a great experience. This is one of the best Thai places that we have been to.

Visited May 2014
Villanova, Pennsylvania
“Food was more spicy and salty than desirable”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We came to this restaurant after attending the Tulip Festival in downtown Holland. Although we expected the place to be crowded, to our surprise, the place was empty when we came in around 3:45 p.m. on a Thursday afternoon. After being promptly seated, we ordered a Tom Kha soup, Pad Ki Mow (Drunken Noodles), Kao Pad Ga Pow Spicy, and Isan Pad Gapow. This was enough food for four hungry adults and we ended up taking some of the Kao Pad Ga Pow fried rice home with us. I found the presentation style of the soup to be pretty interesting as it came in a hot pot with a flame underneath. For someone who loves his food hot and steaming, it was an added bonus.

Complaints regarding the food were few. One issue with the food however was its spiciness and saltiness. As someone who is always adding Sriracha to his dishes and going to Italian restaurants and asking for crushed red pepper, even I found their dishes to be more spicy than desirable in spite of having requested "medium spicy". As we exited the restaurant, my wife, mother, and I all wanted something like a mint to lighten our palate but none being available, we ended up refreshing our breath with some chewing gum. Another issue which has been mentioned elsewhere is that the soup was only available in large portions at ~ $12 whereas had the option been available, we might have tried out smaller portions of different soups. Lastly, something which I did not appreciate was that our server had added the tip to the bill itself even though it was a party of four people.

Would I go back to Thai Palace? Well if I find myself in the area, I might consider it as their food was pretty reasonable but there was nothing that they did to stand out and so I wouldn't seek them out either.

• Visited May 2014
Holland, Michigan
“Exceptional food at good prices.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I think I eat here about once a month. I love the Pad Thai (extra spicy), and pretty much every other dish I've tried. At lunch they will bring a soup before your meal that is fantastic. I've only been there once for dinner in which we did not receive the soup, so I'm guessing it is a lunch time only thing.

The atmosphere is fairly comfortable, but it can get a little noisier in there when it fills up. I highly recommend eating here at least once.

Visited March 2014
Holland, Michigan
“Great, authentic food”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great restaurant. Many vegetarian and vegan dishes available. Wait staff are very attentive. Wonderful food.

Visited March 2014