“Birthday Must in our family” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 230 Restaurants in Holland
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve both Sushi and Hibachi and kitchen entree.
chicago, il
“Birthday Must in our family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

great place to take a big group. we always have the family party here with 10-30 depending who can come. get there early for the two-for special at $20. We always have a great time. they have had some problems with violations, but seemed to have listened and cleaned up their act.

2 Thank shoeshoe

Ann Arbor, MI
“Overrated Japanese food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Last night my husband and I ate at the Wild Chef after consulting TA. We are staying at the nearby Hampton Inn Holland (which is very nice), and were delighted to find a highly rated restaurant a short walk away.
We were promptly greeted and seated by a friendly host and the waitperson was also pleasant and competent. The food, however, was only mediocre. My husband had the sushi and I opted for the udon. The miso soups and typical head lettuce salads were fine, but the udon was mushy with two shrimp and three or four pieces of fake crab and some overcooked cabbage of some kind. The sushi was okay, but some of the fish had a metallic taste. We might be spoiled by living in the Ann Arbor/Det. area, which has a large Japanese community and pretty good Japanese restaurants (in Novi, for example), but I can't recommend Wild Chef.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Margo12
Midvale, Utah
“Sushi and sashimi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I will honestly say this is one of the best sushi experience I've had so far in all my visits to sushi restaurants in and out of the state as well as out of the country. I was so shocked because this area is not known for great Asian cuisine, with the exception of Vietnamese food.

The sashimi, particularly the white tuna, is so good. I could go on forever about how good it was. Every piece of sashimi was thick enough to satisfy you and not one piece was dry. My entree came with miso soup and a salad. My husband is not a fan of Japanese food so he ordered their chicken fried rice. That was also surprisingly good! Done just perfectly. The chicken was nice and juicy. The fried rice was light and not heavy in sauces like Chinese versions are. The mochi mango dessert was also really good. The mango flavor was excellent although the actual rice cake shell was not that great, but I'm positive that just has to do with the fact that I don't like rice cake all too much.

The service was normal. No complaints. Next time I go I will have a hard time with not ordering the sashimi and sushi because I still have yet to try the hibachi menu.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Another Sushi surprise in Michigan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

One of my favorite foods is sushi, and whenever I think I may have a shot at finding good sushi, I am there with bells on. (I know, all of my friends are going to make fun of me for that expression).
Wild Chef did not disappoint! I had the Tuna Lover's Roll, (tuna, avocado topped w. spicy crunchy tuna) and the most awesome roll I have ever had, the Angel Roll (pan seared tuna, smelt roe, asparagus, topped w. yellowtail, salmon, eel, salmon roe, scallion, tempura crumb & chef’s special sauce) WOW, not only is the description a mouthful, and the roll is a mouthful, but the flavor was also a mouthful: it is probably the most flavorful specialty roll I have ever had.

• Visited July 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Enjoyable Hibachi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ton of food! Had the wild chef special for 21.95. Chicken, steak and a lot of shrimp. For 2 dollars more you can get bigger shrimp. Fried rice and veggies were good. Soup was bland and salad was ok. Show wad good and service great but restaurant was dead.

• Visited July 2014