“Amazing”

Doubletree Hotel Holland
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I do a lot of traveling for work and this has to be the best hotel i've ever stayed in. Complete service was amazing with the friendliest staff. I recommend for anyone staying in the area. I know i will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you very much for the great review, will look for you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Rooms were clean, staff were professional and helpful. Did everything to make our stay pleasant. The bed was very comfortable. I like the fact that we can charge to our room and don't have to carry cash. I love the fresh cookies and the fact the snack area was open all the time whic we did use late at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 601cynthiab

Thank you very much for the great review, the snack shop is a very popular place in the late hours of the night!! We do hope to see you again very soon. Thanks again

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel once per year for the past 4 years and this was the first time I felt less than very happy with the hotel. I stayed with my kids on Friday and Saturday night and noticed on Saturday that although the bed had been made, the maid service was pretty lackluster. No vacuuming had been done and they had removed the bath mat without replacing it. I mentioned something about this when I checked out and the woman at the front desk barely acknowledged that I had said anything.

1  Thank Susan R. F
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us again this year and we hope to see you again in the future, I am very sorry about the houskeeping challanges and will follow up with the executive housekeeper .

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room was nice, spacious & clean. I'll give them that. If you like paying for internet & breakfast and a rate much higher than other hotels that include these items, then this is the hotel for you.

1  Thank Randal T
Lisa W, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel, I am sorry there was confusion on the internet as it is always free through out the entire hotel. we also do offer breakfast at a discounted rate if you choose to book the bed and breakfast package. we do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The room was very dirty. The staff was not professional. We have stayed here many times but the Hilton standards are not applied at this location. We were not even greeted as Gold Hilton Honors guests. I had to ask for cookies, we were told we couldn't have any bottled water. This was a great place to stay, not so much now.

1  Thank Carlgirl7

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am very sorry about the mix upon check in with the waters and we do appreciate all of our loyal honors guest we do show you at the silver level, we do hope you stay with us again next year.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

After reading many previous reviews I was left wondering??? Steve at the front desk proved to be a God send. When I told him our dinner plans, he suggested we try somewhere else, made the reservations and gave us scenic directions versus Maps on your phone. Beautiful drive, picturesque restaurant with a sunset and the food superb. (Pipers) Our balcony room overlooking the pool was nice compared to a parking lot view and that's why I choose it. As reviews indicated there was a chlorine smell upon arrival but dissipated after the AC was turned on. I've started to travel with ionizing plugs to help with all of this due to my husbands sensitivity to almost everything. The pool and hot tub has been newly revamped and is salt water. Glad it was open till 11 so we could enjoy after returning from dinner. The hotel was quiet but I'm sure the activity as reported by others could be only a weekend issue. Thurs. was a business class group. The hotel Mgr. Lisa Wedding was a gem. Last point in passing, the coffee service in the hotel lobby was top drawer-Seattle's Finest. Enjoyed it on numerous occasions. First time to Holland but if back again would more than likely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judy R

Thank you so much for giving the great review of the hotel !! We do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

When I checked in I was warmly greeted (common when people find out you're from Hawaii actually). I enjoy meeting and talking to people and the genuine friendliness of the desk staff was nice.

The decor is very reminiscent of the hotel I worked in as a teenager in 1978 but despite the dated look is fairly well kept.

The room is ok - it was generally clean, though there was dried shaving cream on the bathroom counter. The rest of the room was well cleaned and cared for though.

The bed was ok - the mattress is getting close to needing replacement but overall I slept fine. The linens are kind of industrial feeling.

I didn't get the chance to try the on site restaurant or bar, but they are there if you need.

The first thing I will remember about this hotel though was the smell. My room was on the 4th (top) floor and the scent of dampness and air freshener was at times a little overwhelming. If you're sensitive to chemicals, this (floor at least) may not be the place for you.

The second thing was a glass that was laying the hallway when I left mid-day and was still there when I came back late evening. Not a horrible problem, just left me with the feeling that the housekeeping staff was not as attentive as they should have been.

All in all - I've stayed in better and I've stayed in worse. Holland is not a hot spot of tourism, and has worse looking hotels. If I come back to Holland, I'll probably try another hotel though.

Room Tip: If you're chemical sensitive check the room out before you take it.