“An Awesome Experience At Hampton Inn!”

Hampton Inn Holland
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Holland, Michigan Hampton Inn knows how to take care of business clients. It is always a very friendly staff that recognizes you when you are a repeat customer, and the housekeeping staff works extremely hard to get the job done - the first night I stayed there they were working into the night to get rooms cleaned for the next night. I tip my hat to Hampton Inn in Holland, Michigan!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My wife and I went there last year during the Memorial Day weekend. We booked the room online and when we got there, they only had one room left so we took it. Well, they converted a conference room into a guest room. I felt like we were in a church's basement. There were no outside windows and the a/c had to run all the time or it would get stuffy really quickly. The windows look out to the indoor pool area. But really, the worst part was the fact that the place was overrun by kids. I guess they have hockey tournaments and all the teams stay there. I went down to the restaurant to get something to eat and the place was a zoo. It's easier to get service in a bar in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. The hotel is nice but we didn't enjoy our stay at all.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that look out to the indoor pool are.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
bflavin, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Holland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some of children who were rowdy and disruptive during your stay. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Beautiful room, on secluded hallway. Many youth hockey players were staying the same night, but our stay was quiet. Breakfast area is very spacious and a very nice setting! We really enjoyed our stay. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stay here all the time for work. The rooms were renovated within the last few years. Good bar and even better hotel staff that make you feel at home. They treat everyone well regardless of whether you are a Hilton Honors member or not.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Recently stayed here with my wife's family. (Parents, siblings, our kids & grandchildren). Hotel is clean & comfortable. Front desk person was very friendly. Rooms nice & clean. Our ONLY problem came with a lack of information regarding their apparent policy of not allowing any outside food in the pool area. The first night, they supposedly only had 6 rooms rented. We had 4 of them. We wanted to order pizza & asked about local places. They said that "our pizza is the best in the area (it really isn't) and if you order from us, you can eat it in the pool area. Shortly after getting our pizza, someone from the hotel came by & said that we couldn't have it in the pool area after 4:00. (We didn't order it until around 6-6:30.) The next day, we had our food set up, (3 crock pots of various items) on the upper level in the pool area. Not in anyone's way....not causing any problems. After a while, another person came by & told us that this was not allowed. We have done get-away weekends like this since our kids were little. This is the first place that ever raised a stink about the food being brought in. Not likely that we will go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I travel the country weekly, and Hampton Inn's are definitely my hotel of choice, but even when it comes to Hapmton's, Hampton Inn Holland is the best of the best! From Jodi at the front desk to the maintenance crew, there are none better. The pool and game room area are among the best I have seen, and Sharkees Bar is a great place to drink and eat. Truly the worst I can say about this hotel is that the internet could be much quicker. It is a solid connection, but just slow. I have stayed in this hotel about 30+ nights this past year, and I wish there were more Hampton Inn's like it.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I never have any problems at this Hampton Inn. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. The hallways are quiet and the staff are friendly/helpful. The breakfast is great too, the pool could have been a few degrees warmer but the hot tub was great. Check in & Check out was very fast & easy. Will be staying there again! p.s. I recommend staying in the room with a balcony over the pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family