I am a positive person by nature, but it was really hard for me to find any positives in this place.
To begin, the front office smells absolutely disgusting. As I was checking in, I was gagging on the smell of curry and other potent "cultural" smells that I found later, when checking out, actually penetrated through two steel doors.
Here are the list of things:
1) The smell coming from the unplugged frig was absolutely horrendous upon entering the room.
2) The attendants do not speak English
3) The TV's have two stations, if they come in clearly
4) The windows do not lock, they are chocked by 2x4 pieces of scrapped wood
5) Your two bedroom stay is actually another door that the attendant comes in to unlock with a different key, so do not accidentally lock yourself out of your "two bedroom" stay
6) The towels are the size of napkins
7) There is no phone in the room - make sure your cell phone is charged in the event of an emergency and if you need anything during your stay, be prepared to walk yourself to the disgusting front office.
8) The water pressure in the shower actually hurts - I had to drape a rag over it.
9) The signs say no smoking, but people obviously smoke in these rooms
10) Spend the extra $30 and stay somewhere that is sanitary
The only positives I could find...
1) The sheets seemed clean - although the ones in the back room had tons of holes in it, etc.
2) I did not see any bugs in the room - I was one cockroach away from sleeping in my car
3) The area seemed "safe," despite my initial fear when checking in through a front office that had 2 inch glass to protect the attendant.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Village Inn Motel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.