“Perfection”

Oak Knoll Family Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holton
Oak Knoll Family Campground
Dearborn, Michigan
“Perfection”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Imagine if you will....tree covered sites...clean... comfortable... A place where you can enjoy the bright sunny days as well as the rain in the afternoon... i had the good fortune of spending Aug. 3 through Aug. 12 2012 in this campground... the owners live on site and have made this place a wonderful place to visit... you roll in as you do many campgrounds however...here you are greeted with the firm yet friendly handshake of Dale... you automatically feel welcomed..then as you start to settle in..you notice the smile and warm heart of Deb... i have never known two better suited people that have chosen the life of running a place for all of us to enjoy then Deb and Dale... I for one love the western side of Michigan ... there is so much to offer ... if your one to stay on the beaten path or the one that likes to explore this place is for you... i have searched for a place that i feel safe bringing my family to... and after looking at all of the other campgrounds in the area and comparing prices and amenities... i have come to the conclusion that Oak Knoll is the only true choice ... located far enough away to give you the buffer we all look for... yet close enough to be anywhere you want with in just a few miles... so my advise is simple... bring your tent for a rustic site or pop-up or small trailer to the larger one if you have it for the full service site... or like me...rent a sleeping cabin or even a trailer if that is more your style... say hello to your neighbors and get to know the two people that love what they do and how they live.... i can not thank Deb and Dale enough for giving me and mine the camping experience that so fitted my needs... i will return for that cup of coffee and friendly chat.. thank you again my friends.. until the next time...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karl K

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have been camping out at Oak Knolls for about 5 years well 4 years cause last year we went to another campground in Ohio NEVER NEVER AGAIN. I was spoiled to the way that Dale and Deb treat thier customers I felt ok being a city slicker and all that everyone out this way was like that Not. We love camping out here normally the family goes but this year we are having a reunion of Friends and Family because it's a GREAT place to camp. I have always found it to be very clean and organize with all the different types of camping areas. I would Recommend this places to all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jgomes_15
Chicago
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Oak Knoll is a very good campground for its type. We stayed in one of the wood cabins which I found to be very clean and convenient (the exact same as the ones most KOAs provide). The bathrooms were also clean and close. The camp itself is located very near a lot of the outdoor activities this area of Michigan provides (lakes and rivers!). We were coming from Chicago and looking for a relaxing, outdoor vacation and that's exactly what we got. Most valuable about this site, though, is its owners. Dale and Deb are extremely friendly and helpful. Dale especially took extra time to suggest places to go and to give us directions. The campground was very quiet and seems to have a lot of return customers. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xa_chicago
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Cramped and loud. Very unfriendly customer service.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank airwright
SE Michigan
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We spent 2 nights in one of the two cabins before dropping off a child at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp (about 6 miles and 15 minute drive away). The cabin was basic but clean (except the ceiling fan - dust haven!!). It had a double bed and 2 single (bunked) beds, along with a desk, a chair, and a bench.. I suspect the cabin itself was larger than a hotel room, but only about one-quarter the price of any hotel rooms in that area during the summer season. The bathroom is a couple hundred yards away, and the lighting is adequate to find your way there in the middle of the night.

The owners were very accommodating and helpful to me. We tried to reserve a cabin for 2 nights but it was not available, so settled on a trailer. Then she called me back within an hour to say there had been a cancellation in a cabin, so she offered it to me. This saved me a bit of money, and met our needs perfectly. They were also helpful and friendly while we were on site.

There is a small playground, picnic shelter, horseshoe pit, etc. The office has sports balls for kids to use (when it is open). Big Blue Lake is across the street and about 1/4 mile in (although it was not clear to us from our brief jaunt over there whether or not you could swim at that nearby spot).

We saw other families camping with RVs and pop-ups and the like. I'm not sure if we saw any tent campers. I don't think I would want to camp in a tent for any length of time - the site is pretty basic and there's not much privacy. But if you want to stay overnight on your way to Blue Lake F.A.C., it's perfect for that! And get directions to Dog 'N Suds in Montague for an old-fashioned drive-up meal. :^)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank common-family
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very small campsites, rude owners and loud music playing after midnight.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MichiganFan4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holton
Comfort Inn Whitehall
The Harrington Inn
The Harrington Inn
#1 of 1 in Fremont
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Oak Knoll Family Campground? Share your experiences!