“Adequate, but.....”

and 1 more site!
Honor Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Honor
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Well positioned, but in need of urgent refurbishments. It' s very much 'close-quarters' old style cramped accommodation; you could hardly swing a cat! It's certainly not pay for what get. In fact very much overpriced in need of a spruce up. Nonetheless, the bed and shower were okay, and no complaints about the top-notch service. Good place for a one night sleep over and fishermen.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter S

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I was worried about reserving a room "sight unseen", and because my husband is very picky about up to date and clean motels. We were VERY pleased with this cute little motel. I loved the ceiling fan in our room. They have 17 units and is family owned. Upgrades have been done. Tile flooring in bathroom, microwave and fridge, flat screen TV. Front desk was super nice and helpful with local attractions and restaurants. Much better price than Traverse City. Nice little town close to Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes and Point Betsie Lighthouse. I would love to stay there again if back in the area. No free breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Dasha D
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Came upon this hotel as everything in the area was booked. This motel was 10 min to Sleeping Bear, Glen Arbor or Frankfort, perfect local. The owner was very friendly and had many recommendations and clear directions.
The room was spotless. As we got last minute reservations we got the only room available. It was the large room with 3 beds. It was in a separate building but very large and tons of room. Nice counter area with microwave and fridge. Large bathroom hot water and clean. Bed was a memory foam and so comfy. Towels and sheets nice. Very quiet. Will be back this fall. Our new go to.
Also a great place to eat across the street.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tracyblair
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was travelling by motorcycle to the Sleeping Bear Dunes from Wisconsin and picked this motel as it was much more economical than staying in Traverse City. Actually was the cheapest motel I found in the area online! I try to stay in these little motels while travelling. The motel was VERY nice, lots of space for me and my gear and withing walking distance of two restaurants! The staff was also very friendly and gave me a shortcut to the Dunes. I would stay here again in a minute!

Room Tip: As far as I could tell they were all basically the same.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Staying here was a pleasant surprise: the room was exceptionally clean, the amount of space suited us well and the staff were friendly and accommodating. An added plus for us is that they have a couple of units that are dog-friendly. We usually stay in the large corporate hotels (Marriott, Hilton, etc.) but thought we'd check out the small local-owner type as a way of supporting Michigan businesses. We were so pleased with this experience that we will definitely do it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SleepingBear2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This is a small, clean, well maintained, mom and pop motel. I was surprise at how large the bathroom was, big enough for two to move around. The water was very hot and the pressure strong. Towels were middle of the road but no hair dryer. The beds were soft with comfy sheets. The room came with a medium sized TV, waist high refrigerated and small coffee pot. The weather was cool and we did not use the window unit air conditioner. There is not much in the surrounding area and the drive-in theater was only open on Friday/Saturday during our stay. Thus, we ate at an ok, local, nearby diner and drove to Point Betsie to watch the sunset. I recommend staying at Honor Motel when you come to visit Sleeping Bear Dunes.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank worth-voyageur
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Honor Motel 3year's ago,and I just stayed there in May 2014 fore 4 days. I came out from San Francisco Bay Area to visit friends.It was nice to see the staff still friendly,and had a grate happy vibe.The rooms & bathrooms are well maintained,and cleaned daily,Its like a home away from home.
Thank you very much to the staff & Honor Motel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank christopher d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honor
Northwoods Lodging
#1 of 4 in Beulah
Cedar Ridge Cabins
Cedar Ridge Cabins
#1 of 6 in Honor

Been to Honor Motel? Share your experiences!