“Don't Miss This!”

Mineral Museum of Michigan
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Houghton
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are interested in rocks, minerals and/or fossils at all you need to visit the Seaman Mineral Museum. This was the best collection I have seen outside of the Smithsonian. They really showcase local specimens which was great for someone, like me, not familiar with Michigan geology.

2  Thank Beth999

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Seaman Mineral Museum is really fantastic. It houses one of the world's best and largest collections of minerals. Many exotic minerals and gems. We always take visitors to the area there, and they are always impressed. It's definitely a highlight of the area. Nice gift shop.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I read the reviews about it and I have to say I agree!!!
This museum is truly amazing
Great size, large amount of minerals they even have a glow in the dark room !!
The pieces are spectacular each of them is a piece of art!!!
It makes me really dad to know that many people on this area have not been there and that the museum does not host activities inside to promote themselves !!!
Hope you enjoy the museum as much as we did

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The displays are in a nice environment and easy to view. Many different specimens are here from all over the world. Good little gift shop too.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Mineral Museum was one of the best parts of our trip. We went on Tuesday, which happens to be the free day at the museum. The staff member on duty was very nice, and the exhibits were pretty cool. We especially liked the black light exhibit.