“Very clean, with a friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Houghton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Very clean, with a friendly staff”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I asked if there was a discount for AAA or AARP and there was, which helped lower the cost. When we checked in we asked the clerk if there were any restaurants in the area that had vegetarian meals. She had a few suggestions, but since she wasn't sure, she called on my behalf. I appreciated that. The beds were very comfy, and there were four pillows per bed, with pillowcases labeled HARD and SOFT. Each bed had two of each. The rooms were very quiet, even though we were in a parking lot of a shopping area. I never heard noise from neighbors either. There was fresh coffee in the lobby, and of course a coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnExpressHTN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for the 5Star review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our Smart Bedding Collection. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Carla Beck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am a Traveling Surgical Technologist, and stay 13 weeks at a time at different hotels, with my dog. (I started out with 2 dogs on this assignment) This place is fantastic!! It is quiet, clean, the staff is exceptional; from the housekeepers, to the front desk staff, the night staff, and the manager!! The staff went above and beyond to help me out! I can not thank each of them enough, nor can I say enough wonderful things about this hotel!! My dogs & I really appreciate this place. (The hotel only charges $20 for a pet fee!)
When you travel with your job like I do, it is of paramount importance to have a GREAT place to come home to, after work, and I can say that the Holiday Inn Express in Houghton WAS that place for me!!
They serve a hot breakfast at 06:30 am, but I have to leave for work by 06:30 am, and the staff makes sure that I have something for breakfast every morning. I really appreciate this!
The bed is extremely comfortable, so I get a great night sleep. This isn't always the case in all the hotels that I have stayed in, so I am grateful for this.
The staff is so friendly & helpful, always eager to help you out & answer questions. The entire staff made me feel at home here. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a pet friendly hotel, for either a short or long stay. Even if you don't have pets, and want a great place to stay, stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel has a pool, a Sauna, a hot tub & a fitness room.
There is a Walmart close by, a grocery store & Shopko with in walking distance of the Hotel, as well as a Culvers in walking distance.It is close to everything I needed.
If and when I came back to this area, I WOULD stay here again in a heart beat!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressHTN, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for the great 5 Star review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the feedback. It is wonderful to hear from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Carla Beck
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Has a pool, hot tub, sauna. Breakfast is adequate. What you would expect for a typical breakfast in the breakfast room. The staff if very friendly, and very helpful. Everything is clean. We stayed for 2 nights. Room was very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressHTN, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Carla Ann Beck
Michigan
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great looking building. The desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful. With no reservations we swung inn, got two rooms, that were quiet nice. Breakfast was excellent. It was all good - except, what soured the stay - the manager or pm person in charge - unfriendly to motorcyclists and had an unpleasant demeanor. Doubt I would select that as my first choice again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Carla Ann M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we have failed when it comes to customer service needs. The staff and I have reviewed your comments and unfortunately we cannot allow motorcycles or any other vehicles to park under the porte cochere. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience was not a good one but we do invite you to give us another try. Thank you for your feedback.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a convenient place to stay if you are headed up the Keweenaw Peninsula. Friendly staff helped make our stay wonderful. Asked for and received a quiet room in the back. It faces a big rock pile but there isn't any noise. Staff provided a great list of things to do and see. Definitely would stay here again when I return to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for the feedback.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is very close to the Michigan Tech campus and well situated to visit the Keweenaw Peninsula and Copper Harbor. The beds are very comfortable and it is very quiet.

There is a pool for people who would like to use it also.

The breakfast options are very good and there is a wide variety of breakfast foods available. Such as eggs, pancakes, bacon, cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. They have staffed the breakfast room very well to keep the food coming, especially on Sunday morning.

Great stay, will stay here again when in the area.

Thanks

Lary1047

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Carla Ann M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Grand Traverse County, Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place was clean, quiet, and just all around pleasant. Breakfast was served with a smile. The property feels a bit dated, but other than that, I have noting even close to negative to say about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Carla Ann M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houghton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Calumet
Baraga Lakeside Inn
Baraga Lakeside Inn
#1 of 4 in Baraga

Been to Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw? Share your experiences!