a week long vacation on the lake? uh...yes please! stayed here last summer w/bf for a wedding & family reunion. so. much. fun! during our week at driftwood resort, we...
- rented pontoons & took them out to the middle of the lake at sunset (a definite must!)
- went fishing
- had a ping-pong tournament in the game room
- enjoyed bonfires every night by the fire pit
- took dips in the lake (which is shallow)
- & lots, lots, more!
the rooms were clean & comfortable (bed, linens, etc.). the showers have great water pressure & temperature (which maybe people don't care about, but it was a big plus for me). plenty of space to sprawl out & relax.
from the person you make the reservation with to the groundskeeper, the staff at driftwood resort is wonderful about making you feel welcome & at home. very kind & very personable.
the rooms, maintenance of grounds, & customer service are absolutely top notch. if you are looking for a little getaway, check this place out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Driftwood Resort is situated on the shores of beautiful Houghton Lake, Michigan's largest all-season in-land lake. With Driftwood's three docks, two large lakefront fire-pits, complimentary use of row boats, kayaks, SUPs, canoes, outdoor recreational equipment and lawn-games, large shaded children's playground, Driftwood Resort is a wonderful place for your next vacation, annual family reunion, group retreat, or as a base-camp for your fishing, hunting, antiquing, x-country skiing, or snowmobiling adventures! Our sparkling clean and well-maintained authentic Log Cabins and Cottages have the conveniences you'll want (refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishes and cookware, grill, picnic tables, Wi-Fi and cable TV, gas furnaces, and more) along with the wonderful charm and amenities reminiscent of a favorite cottage at the lake. "Ace's Perch", our large knotty-pine recreation building, with Ping-Pong, air hockey, billiard and shuffleboard tables, darts, several game-tables, and a stock of games, cards, puzzles, and books makes a great place to hang out with friends and family. Cheer on your team or enjoy a kid's movie night on the big screen. Ace's Perch is also a perfect facility for meetings, retreats, crafting classes, or parties. There is plenty of parking on the resort grounds for your boat/ATV/snowmobile trailers too, as well as secure mooring for your personal watercraft on the lakefront. Relax Recreate Renew Enjoy Make Memories ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Resort Houghton Lake, Michigan