We stayed at this independent hotel for one night enroute to Traverse City. Our room was a very pleasant surprise. It was spotlessly clean. It opened to a lovely balcony overlooking the lake. There was a nice bonfire at night. Great little beach and swimming area. nice loungers and umbrellas. Indoor pool needs a bit of updating and the whirlpool tub was scorching hot but I enjoyed both!
The staff works very hard- everywhere you turned someone was working on something- cleaning, washing etc..... They are a dedicated and friendly staff. Recommendations for restaurants and golf courses were great. The rate was incredible for a balcony room overlooking beach and lake. Beds were comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful private sandy beach on Michigan's largest inland lake, Houghton Lake. The hotel features barbecue grills, picnic tables, fire pit, indoor pool and hot tub, free boat parking on our 14 section private dock, free wi-fi, pet friendly, continental breakfast, 48 rooms with private balconies, 12 jacuzzi rooms to enjoy for your special occasion, family friendly, great for weddings, family reunions, golf outings, birthday parties, graduations, wedding packages available, group discounts. Closest hotel to the heart of Bud Bash and Tip Up Town USA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Houghton Lake
- Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan
- Houghton Lake Best Western