My wife and I stayed at this hotel in mid-October, 2013, and whenever we go back to Houghton Lake, Michigan, this will be the hotel we choose again and again. The outside appearance looks fresh and clean. As you walk into the lobby, there is a fireplace with seating, a flat screen TV on the wall, and the clerk behind the desk was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick and she answered my questions just as quick. I asked about restaurants in the area and was told of several within a short distance. Our room was on the third floor, (which is actually the entrance floor) and we were in room 324, at the end of the hall overlooking Houghton Lake. There was a balcony with two chairs and plenty of room. After sitting on the bed, I thought that it would be too soft, but when I went to bed, they were just right. There was a refrigerator and a coffeemaker in the room, as well as an ironing board and iron. Everything was neat and clean, with no loose hair anywhere in the bathroom, and there was a fresh, clean feel to the room. There is no smoking in hotels in Michigan, and that was a definite plus. The door to the room shut quietly, and there was no noise from other guests both in the hall and in the room next door. The pool and hot tub are on the second floor, with towels available. Again, everything was clean. Breakfast consisted of waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, sweet rolls, juice, coffee, and milk. The coffee was out when we arrived, but a visit to the front desk brought immediate attention and a fresh pot. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. If you are going to stay in Houghton Lake, stay at the Beachfront Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful private sandy beach on Michigan's largest inland lake, Houghton Lake. The hotel features barbecue grills, picnic tables, fire pit, indoor pool and hot tub, free boat parking on our 14 section private dock, free wi-fi, pet friendly, continental breakfast, 48 rooms with private balconies, 12 jacuzzi rooms to enjoy for your special occasion, family friendly, great for weddings, family reunions, golf outings, birthday parties, graduations, wedding packages available, group discounts. Closest hotel to the heart of Bud Bash and Tip Up Town USA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Houghton Lake
- Beachfront Hotel Houghton Lake Michigan
- Houghton Lake Best Western