“Great food, Family atmosphere”
Review of L.J.'s Kilkare Inn

L.J.'s Kilkare Inn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Close to resort we stayed at, fair prices, kid friendly. It was very busy at dinner, but they handled the rush well.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The food here is some of the best in the area. You can't get a better burger anywhere in HL and the wings are the best in northern MI. It is a tad pricey because I get about 6 small wings for $9, and sometimes leave hungry. It's delicious though. The service is great sometimes and terrible at others. There is one waitress (I can't remember her name) she has short black hair and she is AMAZING. I've had another waitress who was absolutely terrible and rude. For the area this place is the best though (other than buccillis of course.)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

The food was excellent, prices very reasonable and the service was out of this world. We will definitely return if we visit Houghton Lake again.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We all went for our last dinner here because of burgers legend, they were good and the waitress was good it was just slammed full of people so it took awhile to get food.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My uncle from Houghton Lake took me here the other night by luring me with the idea of getting an excellent strawberry margarita. I was happy to find that not only were the margaritas tasty, so was the food! I can recommend the grilled chicken sandwich with jack and mushrooms. It's also nice that you can choose from a list of sides, healthy (or not so!) ... tailoring your meal a bit depending on how wicked you want to be. I got a nice baked potato instead of fries. Service was great and I'd be happy to go back sometime when visiting the area.