We recently stayed at this hotel with my family members...it is our yearly family trip. It was a very nice hotel however, some rooms were ready at the guaranteed time but most rooms were not. The room cleanliness could have used a little more work (they may have rushed through it because of being late getting into rooms). The waterpark was okay, I did notice the pool could've been a little cleaner. The biggest problem I had with the hotel was the fact that there was broken glass along the sidewalk and grass area by the water...not very safe when most people are walking around bare foot. It would probably be a good idea to not allow glass bottles in the area and ENFORCE it. The LITTLE area with sand (not really a beach) had rusty nails that we found while the kids were playing. The breakfast was nice however would have probably been less crowded if they would extend the hours until 10:00. A couple of the people at the front desk weren't overly helpful and didn't know much about "running" a hotel. Overall I would try staying at this hotel again…with a few changes it could be a perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full service resort located on beautiful Houghton Lake. With Banquet holding up to 400 people ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Lakeside Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Lakeside Hotel Houghton Lake
- Houghton Lake Comfort Suites
- Lakeside Resort And Conference Center Houghton Lake, Michigan