“Customer Service and continuous renovations”

Quality Inn Hudsonville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hudsonville
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have not yet stayed at this hotel, however, my daughter will be married soon and this hotel is close to the venue so I blocked off rooms. Denae has been wonderful in accomodating me and with new owners, updates are being completed constantly. Give me clean over fancy! How long are you really in a room anyway? (will update after stay)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The facility is well maintained - furnishings are in good repair, the room is quiet (one family's kids were running the hallways in the very early morning - but that is a parenting issue, not a motel problem). The breakfast was tasteful, though the midweek breakfast included waffles as the only hot item. My only complaint was the wallpaper that had begun peeling off the wall around the edges. Not badly, but it every piece of wall paper had begun peeling. The price was right, the atmosphere was good and the people were friendly. We will be returning in spite of the flaws.

Room Tip: Long hallways, but you can drive to alternative outside entrances. The walk will be longer to break...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floydHJ
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good enough, but that is about it...picked it over the Super 8 / Travelodge across the freeway. Definately not remodeled in a while. Very old tv that was losing it's picture...very fuzzy and dark. Curtains were worn through. Walls and doors are paper-thin, had kids next door....glad we had the fan running. Free wi-fi though!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RAM17x
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband & I travel ALOT, so we have stayed in many hotels. This one was the worst! After we checked in with our grandsons, we went to the pool. When we got back to our room we discovered that the room door did NOT lock! Front desk clerk moved us down the hall to another room. I found 4 bugs in the new room, all alive! The next day I realized that I left my bathing suit in the first room on the back of the bathroom door. My husband went to the front desk to see if the maid had turned it in, as they had cleaned the room and given it out already. Maid hadn't turned it in and they checked the laundry the next day and it wasn't there either. Bottom line is, first room didn't lock, second one had bugs and the maid who cleaned the first room obviously either threw my suit way or took it! (It was almost new).

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wanda B
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I am in town for a wedding and could not get a room with the rest of the wedding party was staying. That was truly unfortunate. I feel like that I am in a Motel 6 level facility whereas the rest of the party, game only five dollars a night more, is a very nice Hyatt about 5 miles down the road. Each time I leave my family at the Hyatt return to this hotel, I am exceptionally frustrated by The fact that they are only paying five dollars more a night to be in a well laid out, beautiful, and modern hotel. Meanwhile I feel that I am at a facility being run by amateurs who don't know enough to close the doors to the supply room so that the rest of the guests don't have to view the dirty towels, vacuum cleaners, etc. the rooms are something from the 80s. Small bathrooms. Sink in the room. Huge Tvs (no flat screens) thin towels and walls. If I were not paying what my family is paying at the Hyatt, I would Accept that I am at an inferior and aged institution. (The walls of the halls still have the glue marks where the 70s borders were stripped off) But when I am paying probably $40-$50 a night more than this is worth, it leaves me very frustrated. I will never return to this hotel. This hotel room was worth $50 a night tops.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

said remodeled - not in the last few decades. Hallways smelled like old cigarettes. The bathroom in the room was so nasty my kids would shut the door all the way -they were afraid to be alone. Walls were so thin, you could have a conversation with the people next door - keep driving, not worth stopping and this was suppose to be the better of the 2 hotels in all of Hudsonville

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Travelling on a long road trip last week, wasn't sure exactly where I would be stopping on the road for the night. Looking at the map I thought I could get a cheaper rate or less crowded facility by stopping short of Grand Rapids. My fault for not consulting Trip Advisor to decide where to stay and I guess I should have adjusted my expectations accordingly.

No issues at check in, night clerk was relatively pleasant and helpful for being close to midnight. Issue was with the room- opened the door and was flooded with the smell of a room that had been smoked in and not cleaned properly. Should have backed out and asked for something else, but I was exhausted after being on the road for 11 hours. Thought I could get used to it so I went to bed right away.

Black out curtain was full of holes so morning came early on that side of the hotel. I mentioned this at check out and desk person said they would have it taken care of, but she made no note of it nor did she call anyone to address. Bed was okay, pillows plentiful but too soft.

Breakfast bar was adequate, not what you would see at a Drury or Holiday Inn in this same price point. Nothing wrong, just very small area and limited selection. I did very much like the Wall Street Journal as the hotel paper, very nice touch that was unexpected compared to the other amenities.

Bottom line- in hindsight I would have kept going another few exits and into Grand Rapids for a better selection and accommodations. Value just wasn't there in the big picture.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudsonville
Comfort Suites
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 6 in Grandville
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center

Been to Quality Inn Hudsonville? Share your experiences!