“Somewhere to get a bit of peace.”

Cross In The Woods National Shrine
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Truth be known my first visit to The Cross was doing Community Service, working with the maintenance folks. So for 2 weeks it was a part of my life while I worked on the property; doing my penance if you will. And while I am not going to say the experience changed my life and made me a new person, I very much enjoyed being there and came away with a certain feeling of inner peace and satisfaction.

I am not Catholic; and it matters not what faith a person has or has not to appreciate and to get something out of visiting The Cross.

I returned a couple of years later with my (toddler) son and we had an enjoyable time wandering around the property; makes me smile with the memory. I think it's time he and I went back...

1  Thank fr8dog57

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a place for worship and prayer. The Cross is breath-taking and supports all religions and faiths. One will come away changed and insured to love your family.

1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A feeling of serenity and peace fills the traveler on their journey. You are surrounded with awe and beauty.

1  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed 22 February 2014

truly a beautiful place to visit....
very serene and peaceful....
the church is very modern with a great view of the large crucifix..
also a large museum displaying a collections of all religious nun habits from all over the world,, different congregations.
worth the trip if in the area.

1  Thank Gaëtane T
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Need a sign on snowmobile trails with directions on how to get there. Very peaceful and a must see. Parking is minimal.....so where your boots.