All reviews made to order breakfast traverse city great hosts fall colors every morning great place to stay dave canoe vines nook jacuzzi michigan anglers tc
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just want to say Lakes and Pines is a great place to stay. It was quite and very clean. We had never stayed at a B&B, but this really didn't seem like one. We stayed in the Chalet with the hot tub and sauna. It has a lot of room. Loved having breakfast delivered to our room. We spent Friday nite and Saturday nite. We never really heard any noise. Thank you for a very relaxing weekend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freesoilsusie
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have never been to a B&B so I was nervous what to expect. Lane 'N Pines was great!! Clean quite room, friendly owners and a great breakfast!! The location is just outside of Traverse City but not too far. The videos of the room on the website matched everything we saw, it was like we had been there so there were no surprises. This is a must go again place! If I were to make one negative comment it would be the lighting in the bathroom, a bit dark for my partner to put her face on :-). We enjoyed the room so much and went out exploring there isn't much I can tell you about the other amenities, next time.

Room Tip: Get the Vineyard room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leopold_Bartholomew
melbor, Owner at Lake 'N Pines Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit! We appreciate your comments about the lightening and have started to look for a new fixture that will increase the lighting for the bathroom. We really do like when guests tell us what will help make their stay more comfortable. Thanks again - see you soon!.. Melanie

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Lake N Pines Lodge is a unique bed and breakfast experience in a beautiful setting. At first we were surprised as "lodge" doesn't really describe the property. But as we got settled and experienced the comfort and warmth of the hosts and location, we were completely won over. Dave and Melanie are truly excellent hosts. The breakfasts delivered right to your door are superb, and the advice about restaurants and attractions were spot on. I would highly recommend the Lake N Pines Lodge for a unique and wonderful experience. We have already made return reservations.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LivelyLaura
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Enjoyed a lovely time at the Lodge and in the surrounding beauty of interlochen, traverse city, and sleeping bear dunes area. David and Melanie were gracious hosts, and the notebook full of attractions and things to do was jam packed with great information!! We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JudyP1154
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Lake 'N Pines Lodge in January 2014 for our honeymoon. It was my first "Bed and Breakfast" experience, and it's going to be hard to top it. I was skeptical at first, because it was more of a "mom and pop" scene than a tried and true (but less unique) commercial experience. But I was nothing but impressed. For starters, they ran all over to get my requested wine, flowers, cheesecake, and even chocolate covered bacon (yum!) to surprise my wife and only charged a $5 delivery fee! You don't get that kind of friendly gesture at a commercial resort.

They had a record amount of snow at 160 inches for the season (typical is about 100 inches). It was beautiful. We stayed in the "Bay Chalet" suite, which has a hot tub, a sauna, and a gas fireplace all within the suite itself! It is very private (you have the second floor of the home to yourself) and the view from it is beautiful Michigan forest and Lake Dubonnet covered in snow! We planned on snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing in all the snow, but unfortunately my wife became sick the second day we were there! So, we weren't able to do any outdoor activities. BUT, I have to say, despite her not feeling well most of the trip, it was a relaxing and wonderful stay!

The Olsens REALLY took care of us. Dave's breakfasts each morning were delicious, at the time we wanted them, and delivered right to our room! They gave us the privacy we wanted (they didn't enter our suite all week) and even gave us really great restaurant recommendations, plenty of movies to watch, and the extra kitchen utensils we needed (such as soup bowls to take care of my sick wife)! There's nothing like sitting in a relaxing hot tub, or next to a comfortable fireplace, looking out the window at a beautiful snowy Michigan landscape. It was truly a wonderful escape from the busyness of everyday life.

If you are searching for a relaxing vacation with some friendly hosts, I hope you will give the Lake 'N Pines Lodge a look. It is a unique divergence from the typical commercial feel of a resort into a more personal, authentic experience. If you're looking to get out into the woods, but would like some relaxing conveniences, and great hosts, please look no further than Lake 'N Pines Lodge!

Room Tip: Definitely Check out the Bay Chalet if you can! We stayed during the week at the $179 / night rate. An amazing value for the experience!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cody M
melbor, Owner at Lake 'N Pines Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We try to keep the atmosphere laid back and relaxing so that our guests feel at home. We love helping with special requests! Its fun to help make someone's stay special and unique! We look forward to seeing you in the future!