“"Great time, great getaway"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interlochen
Lake 'N Pines Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Interlochen B&B and Inns
Mishawaka, Indiana
“"Great time, great getaway"”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I came up for a 3 night stay and left knowing that we would be returning int the future. The owners, Dave and Melanie were great hosts. Dave met us in the parking lot as we drove in and showed us to our room. He was always available when we needed him but otherwise respected our privacy. We spent most of our time in one of the rowboats and my wife had a blast catching many nice size panfish. The made to order breakfasts were delicious and filling. We chose to eat at the dining area with another couple we met from Indiana who came up to fish also. There are plenty of places nearby to eat plenty of things to see and do in the area. Come up for a couple days or stay a week it's well worth the trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Norton Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I took a weekend excurcion to the Traverse City area for our wedding anniversary. We had planned to visit the different distilleries and a few breweries / wineries along the way, so the "Stillin' the Day Away" package was a good fit.

It was a chilly rainy weekend in Traverse City, but we enjoyed out trip. The breakfast was okay (a little bland for my taste), the staff friendly, the room immaculate. We even had a chance to watch the sun set over the lake in the outdoor jacuzzi Saturday evening. I enjoyed the relaxing time and was delighted to be able to watch a beaver swim across the lake. (Although a little jealous that I had missed the white tail deer splashing about the prior morning.)

Overall, we will probably look at returning again, but in a different room. The only room available for the weekend was the Navigator, which was a bit small to our liking, my own fault for booking at last minute. My husband even surprised himself. A self proclaimed bed and breakfast hater "I will not stay in someone's home", he admitted it was a good choice and David and Melanie made him feel at home.

Look forward to visiting again. Next time, with warmer weather!

Room Tip: The two rooms in the main lodge are inexpensive, but small. We would probably pay the extra money fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thef0wlerfamily
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Amazing B&B, my boyfriend and I went there during the winter, and since most of the rooms were vacant our host upgraded us off the bat. The rooms were clean, and we both LOVED the themes!! We ended up staying in the "vineyard." The brakfast was good, with a lot of options. Our host was really nice and helpful with recommendations of things to do in the winter, if I get the chance I would go back there during the summer to experience all the activities at the lodge. The place is in the middle of the woods, so it is incredibly quiet and peaceful. I would recommend anyone to go!!!

2 Thank Constance D
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were originally planning to move around on our first two-week vacation in 3 years but after the first few days decided to stay at Lake & Pines the whole time. David and Melanie were very accommodating, getting us some extra things we needed for the kitchen, and always had breakfast prepared the way we asked and when we asked for it (not the more typical "we are serving this tomorrow and if you're not here when it's ready it will be cold" b&b). The only thing low-budget about it was the nightly rate.

2 Thank Tim201403
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I chose a 2 Night Interlude package. It seems pricey but for what you get it was well worth it. What I liked best about it all, even though its a B&B its still very private. Our room (small apartment) Pines Nature Cottage was in a different building and was nice and private. It felt like we had our own cabin instead of a bedroom or a hotel room. David was a great host delivering breakfast both mornings and greeting us upon our visit. It really was a great place to stay. Very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gibsonjonr
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at Lake 'N Pines for our anniversary get away. Walking into the Bay Chalet took my breath away! The room was amazing, the owners were so friendly and welcoming. The food served in room was delicious and very filling, no skimping on portions there. The room was absolutely spotless and very comfortable. Ever since we got home all we've been able to talk about Is the trip, room and Lake 'N Pines Lodge. If you have the chance to book at night and stay there. . . DO IT!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Raymond C
Hamilton, Michigan
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My fience and I stayed at Lake 'N Pines Lodge 2 weeks ago. We stayed in the Charlot Bay room. It was amazing. Having the hot tub and sauna in the room was so relaxing, especially in the winter. We had the two night interlude package. They gave us $50 restaurant gift card. An hour long massage. And movie tickets. I didn't even get to the amazing breakfast in the morning that they personally cooked and brought to our room. I would recomend Lake 'N Pines Lodge to anybody. Can't wait to go there again in the summer, and get out on the lake. Thank you again for the amazing time.

1 Thank Amanda K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Interlochen
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#10 of 40 in Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
#2 of 40 in Traverse City

Been to Lake 'N Pines Lodge? Share your experiences!