All reviewsmade to order breakfasttraverse citygreat hostsfall colorsevery morningromantic getawaygreat place to staydavecanoevinesnookhoneymoonjacuzzimichigananglerstc
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We just got back today from staying the weekend and we absolutely loved it! We were in the Bay Chalet and it was so awesome! It was like having our own suite, lots of room, jaccuzi, sauna, private deck. They offer the option of having breakfast brought to your room, but we came to the dining room and ate, while talking with Dave, the owner, as he cooked breakfast for everyone. We originally wanted to stay in the Anglers Hook room but it was booked so we splurged for the Bay Chalet. Worth every penny. Very peaceful atmosphere, and the lake is quiet and for fishing. They have boats to use at your leisure. We kayaked for the first time. Highly recommend this place! We will be going back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the "Angler's Nook" for our anniversary - it was wonderful! This was our first time in Traverse City so the location was perfect (only 15 min away). Dave was a great host and full of advice on what to do in Traverse City. Our room even had a binder full of great suggestions on local attractions, restaurants, site-seeing etc. The breakfasts were amazing also! We loved that you could order what you want from their menu and that we could have breakfast brought to our room, unlike other B & B's. My husband enjoyed the fishing immensely and the view of the lake from the dock was beautiful. We had such a good time that we tacked on another night to our 3 night stay. The value is well worth it also if you compare to what you would pay at other B & B's. We definitely plan on going back!

1  Thank AmyT_6112
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here two days on our trip to visit Traverse City because of the location and full kitchen. The whole cabin was very clean and the kitchen was well stocked with everything you'd need to cook a meal. Breakfast was not the same caliber as other b and b's we've stayed at, and was similar to what you'd find at a hotel breakfast buffet. Dave's sweet potatoes were good, but I think the cheese in the omelet was kraft singles and the french toast could have come out of the freezer. We really enjoyed using the kayaks (included) and Dave was a good host. My only other complaint was that the shower head did not provide enough water to shower, it misted instead of spraying. Overall, I would stay here again, but we'd make our own breakfast in the cabin's kitchen.

1  Thank Bob D
melbor, Owner at Lake 'N Pines Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We don't offer a gourmet breakfast, as many B&B's do, so that we can offer the made to order selections at a variety of times. We are very sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast. We have tried many different cheeses and we settled on ones that we thought had good taste and stayed soft inside the omelet. We do make our French toast batter fresh each and do not use a frozen product. Thank you for the feedback on the shower head, I will look into that and see if it has become plugged or damaged.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband & I had a wonderful weeks stay at Lake N Pines. The room "The Angler's Nook " was very nice. Having a full kitchen fit our needs as we were there to spend the week on the water fishing. We had all the comforts of home. Dave's breakfast's were excellent. I believe each of us gained 2 lbs from his good cooking. Melanie's chocolate covered bacon was a real treat ! They truly strive to take exceptional care of their guest needs. We look forward to another weeks stay next year in The Angler's Nook ! Our thanks go out to the Olsen's for a wonderful vacation.

Gene & Becky Calloway
Swayzee, IN

Room Tip: The Pine Nature Cottage is also very nice. It also has a full kitchen and 2 bedrooms.
1  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I came up for a 3 night stay and left knowing that we would be returning int the future. The owners, Dave and Melanie were great hosts. Dave met us in the parking lot as we drove in and showed us to our room. He was always available when we needed him but otherwise respected our privacy. We spent most of our time in one of the rowboats and my wife had a blast catching many nice size panfish. The made to order breakfasts were delicious and filling. We chose to eat at the dining area with another couple we met from Indiana who came up to fish also. There are plenty of places nearby to eat plenty of things to see and do in the area. Come up for a couple days or stay a week it's well worth the trip.

1  Thank Bruce S