“Not impressed”

Olivera's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Ionia
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican, Pizza
Description: Olivera’s Restaurant has proudly serviced Ionia and surrounding communities for over 13 years. In April of 2014, Olivera’s moved into their new location at 390 South Dexter Street across from the fairgrounds. The newly renovated and greatly expanded establishment offers a seating capacity of 288, boasting three spacious, cozy dining areas to accommodate the unique needs of all their guests. The casual dining area is ideal for family gatherings, business meetings or anyone opting for a quiet, more subdued dining experience. They added a large, open dining addition to the south side of the building that has become known as “The Pit”; with large overhead glass doors offering al fresco dining during the warmer weather and guarantees a view year round. Their uniquely designed island bar was built to be the centerpiece of all the action; with 35 seats around the large concrete bar-top and a number of pub tables and booths surrounding. The concrete olive in the center of the bar is symbolic of their appreciation of Michigan Beer. Olivera’s features 20 Michigan Craft Beers in their line up at all times, boasting 28 drafts in all. They’ve also made many additions to their wine list from our great state and abroad giving Olivera’s the most extensive beer and wine selection offered anywhere between Grand Rapids and Lansing! Olivera’s has also fine-tuned their already broad list of menu offerings that you’ve enjoyed in the past. No worries, you’ll still find your favorite Pizza, Pasta, Burgers, Sandwiches, Salads, and more, not to mention additional weekly chef features as well. They have also added a new express lunch menu that offers fresh prepared meals with many options to choose from under $7.95. This makes Olivera’s menu the most extensive in the surrounding area. Throughout Olivera’s you will find over 50 HD tv’s featuring a large array of sporting events to suit every fan. The entire facility is enhanced with a new state of the art sound system that has four different zones made for everyday listening and theater quality surround sound. Also added to the building is a new take out area that offers quick access through a separate entrance on the north side of the building for their customers. Olivera’s has been voted the best in Ionia County repeatedly for Italian Restaurant, Pizza, Sports Pub and More. They offer dine in and delivery plus catering in house or off site for all occasions. Their more than 75 employees are friendly and professional and ready to serve you the moment you walk in our door or call in a delivery. They are there to ensure you have an exceptional experience each and every time. Olivera’s goal is to be the most distinctive restaurant in Ionia. They have always strived to be the best at what they do by delivering top notch product & service with an added personal touch. We invite you in to see what’s new at Olivera’s & “experience the flavor of originality”!
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I heard about this place and that it was the place in town to go. I come from PA and love pizza and stromboli . SO we checked it out. We ordered pizza, stromboli, and chicken alfredo. It was big disappointment from the first bite. The crust on both the pizza and boli was hard, dried out and just plain tasteless. Plus we paid what I thought was a decent price for a large pizza and stromboli. The pie was 12" and the boil calzone size. My wife said the alfredo was good but I wasn't interested in trying it. I guess thats what I get for buying pizza in MI. I'll stick with the place on Main St downtown Ionia they make a good pie.

• Visited September 2013

Michigan
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place has the BEST roasted veggie pizza, along with all the other items on their menu...you can't go wrong eating here! Favorite place to eat in Ionia, hands down!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank iluvchitown
Greenville, MI
“Decent food, not so decent service”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We purchased a Groupon for this resturant, as we have visited in the past and liked their food. We went on a Saturday afternoon for lunch and were seated right away in our choice of a booth. We looked at the menus for about 10 minutes (seemed like alot longer) before our server wandered over to ask if we'd like to order any drinks. By then we had already made up our minds and ordered food along with our drinks. There are multiple TVs in the both the resturant and bar area, and it seems there is one in view at any seat in the place. I was very happy to see some Michigan brewed beer on tap as well as some domestic and even Guiness. I ordered the taco salad, my wife ordered a stromboli with a side of fries, and our daughter wanted the chicken tenders, I was amazed that our server didn't write any of this down and hoped it wouldn't come back to haunt us later. After about 20-25 minutes, our food came and we were pleasantly surprised that the only thing missing were my wifes side order of fries! The food was pretty tasty, and the portion size was very generous, great value for the price! If this place would get their servers up to par, then I would rate it a 4 or even 4.5. We wouldn't hesitate to go back, and I wouold recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Never ever again!”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

First thing was bad parking spots..seriously stop spending money on beer and get a bigger parking lot. We walk in and it's crowded busy people didn't look like they were comfortable where they were sitting. I never go to a bar cause there full of drunks and demons literally. Loud people yelling the staff didn't tell them to quiet down the loud people that had a table of 10 empty beer bottles. They actually made a baby cry and people were stairing. We asked for a diffefent table and the staff just stood there with there mouth open and said uh they'll be done soon they paid for there food they'll be leaving soon.. What a terrible excuse! Wow! They refused to help us or make are visit comfortable..they never did! Waitress was rude she brought out my water and spilled some water in my purse she didn't say sorry and so everytime she walked behind my to get a plate or anythjng I moved my purse and phone.the food was small portions for such a high price. I got chicken tenders with fries I got it and I had to wait 15mins for the food to cool down seriously! Know your grill temp. ! I was uncomfortable the whole time we were there..I'll never ever go there again..! If your a drinker and have no respect for others but yourself and you bring your sport mouth with you you'll fit right in..Terrible service!

Michigan, United States
“Always excellent!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We eat in Ionia occasionally but live in Grand Rapids. Olivera's is just as good, if not better than many of the Italian restaurants in Grand Rapids. The food appeals to kids and adults! The wait staff is friendly, and the atmosphere, too. My only caution is that the sports bar side is very loud, it's not really a great place for kids later in the evening. (But shouldn't they be in bed, anyway?)

I recommend this restaurant to all my friends!

• Visited December 2012