“Would never stay here again”

Super 8 Iron Mountain
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed here last fall and it was the worst hotel experience I've had in a long time. The order for oxygen was turned away (by the hotel) because they were not familiar with the name on the order. We had confirmed with them previously that we would be receiving oxygen and to hold it there if it got there before we did. It took forever to get into our rooms and when we did get in, the bathrooms were dirty, hair on the pillows, and there was still trash under the beds from the last occupants. The continental breakfast was ok at best, the cereal was stale and there was very little of the good stuff they did have, so it didn't last long. My aunt tried to call the hotel to talk to my uncle at least three times before 10 pm and no one answered the phone because no one was at the front desk. Lastly, the woman that checked us in and was working the next day was some trashy chick in her forty's trying to show off her thong. She didn't know her head from a hole in the wall because she was trying to give the two handicapped people in our group a room on the second floor. Really?? The price was decent but I will be staying elsewhere next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place unless absolutely necessary.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had gone for the white water rafting at Menominee river during memorial day weekend and very few hotels had vacancies available for a single night. So we stayed in this place. We were told that very recently this was taken over by a new management. The owners were very friendly and doing their best to make things comfortable for the guests. The staff were very patient and extremely helpful. The rooms were quite spacious, very clean and neat. Overall, we had a great time. For a budget pricing, this place was worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Excellent price, clean, attractive, breakfast, no big deal, we were placed in an occupied room at check in. Problem was solved quickly. Thank you, the stay was fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed there while I was going to the VA hospital on 5/2/13. Requested two rooms together, well when we got their I walked in and two guys were standing there not too happy, I should of known better then. Lol the first room they gave them was dirty so they upgraded them to a suite. Well they left and I was checked in, well I am handicap with a friend and the rooms were going to be together, they had one room on 1st floor and the other on 2nd floor. Well by this time you all would of been mad and walked away, lol lol, not me I was looking at this like one of my favorite shows the twilight zone, then while I was have all of this going on I lol real loud as I glanced down the hall and saw those two guys come back. I looked at the 4 people behind the counter that really did not know what they were all doing, and said here they come back. Well they said that the mattress was on the floor and was never made up. Well they finally got us both down across the hall from each other, and those poor guys even made out better by getting bumped up too a family suite. After all of this which took me twenty minuets to check in found out two days before was bought and looked like all new Management, and very much lacking housekeeping. But found it all amusing and took it in stride because life is too short to over stress. Lol lol oh ya by the way my friends room across the hall was outstanding, and mine was good, need some work. Would I stay here again? YES I sure would give these guys a try again, knowing what was going on.

Room Tip: For this hotel now 5/2/13 you get what paid for, give them a month and they will be great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hotel in the past was a truly great place to stay. Our last stay, the pool and hot tubs were cold, the room run down and the breakfast bleak. The staff was nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family