“wounderful staff”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Niagara, Wisconsin
“wounderful staff”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed there when I came back from my surgery in greenbay because I was having my own home renovated . The staff is kind and caring about my well being . The manager takes great pride in caring for each guest and make sure their stay is as comfortable as possible. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend this motel to anyone that is looking for a home type environment. They are very dedicated to our vetrans and offer them a discounted rate......P.S.thank you connie for taking care of us in my time of need.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim B
connie g, Manager at Mountain Host Motor Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2015
Jim, sorry for all that you had been through medically. We were happy to provide you with as much comfort as was possible. I know it wasn't easy for you. We wish you well!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The motel is on route 141, nothing special, just your average cheap motel.

The room was OK with a large TV and a nice clean bathroom with a tub. Ask for a room at the back on the 2nd floor to avoid the noise from the traffic on the 141

Free WiFi Internet in the room worked well with a good speed to watch streaming media.

Breakfast was terrible with only some cereals, bread and jam. Coffee and juices are also on the buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SeimenBurum
We strive to make everyone's stay here as pleasant as possible. Breakfast here is just a continental breakfast. We offer two kinds of cereal, white and wheat bread, strawberry and grape jelly, butter, donuts, coffee, milk, and juice. We hope you will consider us again for a stay. We appreciate repeat business.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for eight weeks while working in the area. The rooms were clean and well-maintained, for the most part. However, the management made our stay hell. At first, we were on the second floor. But they moved us because they claimed that our footsteps as we walked to the bathroom during the night disturbed the WWII veteran who was downstairs from us. No big deal. We graciously packed our things and changed rooms. But what bothered me during our stay was that every single day they would force us out of the room for thirty minutes so that they could "clean" it. It was cold outside, and often raining or snowing, but we had to sit out in our vehicle and watch them through the window going through our things. When we would be allowed back in, half an hour later, often the room had not been vacuumed or visibly cleaned at all. They never stole anything from our room, so I never found out what they were searching for. I guess I just didn't have anything of value. But that's not to say we didn't get robbed by this hotel. They just did their robbing afterward. After we checked out and drove back home a thousand miles away, we learned we had been charged 500 dollars extra, for supposed damage to a "credenza". I'm still not sure what the heck a "credenza" even is, but my guess is that they are referring to the drawers which we never used. They had a smell, which I let the front desk know about as soon as we moved into that room. We left our clothes in our luggage the whole time we were there. But, being a thousand miles away, we couldn't do a thing about being fraudulently charged for imaginary damage. My advice--it's not worth the few bucks you save to stay there if you're going to get charged several hundred bucks later for damage you didn't do! My recommendation, if you have to stay here, pay cash and don't give them your credit card!

Room Tip: Take pics of your room before and after your stay, because they will try to claim you damaged someth...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank thetravelingworker
I am sorry you feel the way you do. The credenza is the dresser. As far as we know it was fine before check in. Our head housekeeper checks all empty rooms everyday. If there was an issue, I wish you would have brought it to my attention. As far as the housekeepers they are instructed to enter rooms at least every two day to make sure you have clean linens and the garbages are emptied. If you felt as if your privacy was being invaded at any point, again I wish it would have been bought to my attention. We try to clean your rooms when you are out so you are not displaced from your room. We do have a very comfortable lobby you could have relaxed in while your room was cleaned up and your beds were made. We would never want someone to sit in their car or out in the weather. None of this is anything we have ever experienced before. I understand you being upset because you had to pay for the credenza. But motels would go out of business if things got damaged by guests and we had to continue to buy new to replace the broken. I hope you understand the need as we feel the credenza was in operating order upon your check in.
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stumbled on this place by pure luck on our motorcycle trip. By far the best bang for the buck we've ever had. The room was scrupulously clean. We had a very comfortable recliner in our room! Staff was friendly and efficient. Can't sat enough. And all for 50 bucks a night. I will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmhyden
We are glad you stumbled upon us!! We are happy you found our establishment clean and comfortable. Our staff are always eager to help. We hope you visit again!! Thank you.
Alma, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We were traveling the upper UP and needed a place to stay and chose Mountain Host,,we were real happy with the cleanliness of the room and the kindness of the employees, they helped us find a good restaurant to eat supper at..had a simple continental brft, but I was full when i was done.Was not real expensive either.

Room Tip: Our room was right beside the vending machine and ice..
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thanj you for allowing us to provide your comfort during your travels. We are happy that you left with a full belly!! We hope to have the honor of serving you again sometime!!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I get medical treatments at the VA hospital in Iron Mountain, and have stayed at the Mountain Host many times. It is not fancy, but offers the best deal in town, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and they offer a discounted rate to veterans. Another plus for me is the Chinese restaurant right next door which is simple, but excellent. The rooms are clean, and comfortable. I have noticed a faint musty odor at times, but it vanishes quickly, probably because i just get accustomed to it, but it is a sign that the odor is not strong. I will always stay there when I am in town, and recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank regnadkcin
Thank you for allowing us to be your source of comfort when you come to the VA. We take great pride in serving our military members. You are all like family to us!! We are in the process of upgrading rooms little by little so hopefully if you stay again you will notice a difference. Thank you and we are honored you choose to stay with us!
OK
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I stay at hotels about 100 times a year and this one by far is the biggest bang for you buck...$39.99 a night gets you a better room than the Comfort Inn a mile up the road (which I also stayed and paid double). Internet was fast as well as the check in, so there's no way I'll go back to the Comfort Inn as long as this jewel is around.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the great compliment. Out goal is to provide a clean, comfortable place to stay. Our prices went up a bit from 39.99. But we are still in competition with the others. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!