In actuality, anywhere else, this is just your ordinary hotel. But, in remote Iron Mountain, I think it is worth the 4 star rating.
The Hotel seems relatively new. The room I was in (King) was very roomy. Nice King bed, decent workspace, couch and table, and ample room in the bathroom. Not a huge fan of closets that are basically just holes in the wall without doors, but oh well. Not much else to speak of in the room...little convenience refrigerator and good selection of TV channels on the TV.
The common areas are pretty blah...typical of a HIE. The fitness room is small but adequate...the machines worked and are pretty basic. The breakfast area is nothing to write home about.
One thing I thought was weird...I asked the front desk for a bottle of water and it was like he had to sneak it to me because it was against IHG policy.
Really the only choice near there, every other property looked pretty bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Iron Mountain is a beautiful and historic town located within minutes of the Wisconsin border. Travelers to the Iron Mountain area will find restful, 100% non smoking accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites which is located near the best of Iron Mountain's attractions. You will find getting to our Iron Mountain hotel is easy as we are conveniently located on US2/ 141/ M95. Many of Iron Mountain's largest businesses are located within a few minutes of our hotel. M.J. Electric, BOSS Products, Systems Control and Oldenburg Group Incorporated are just a short drive from our hotel in Iron Mountain. For special events or meetings, the Antoine Room has everything you need to host a successful event. Conveniently located adjacent to the hotel, the Antoine Room can host up to 300 attendees. For the leisure traveler, our Iron Mountain hotel offers convenient access to many outdoor attractions. In the winter months, Pine Mountain Ski Hill and Norway Mountain Ski Hill are both prime locations to ski. Pine Mountain is also home to one of the world's largest man-made ski jumps. In summer months, blaze a trail at Piers Gorge Whitewater Rafting & Hiking Trails or enjoy a round of golf at nearby Oak Crest Golf Course or TimberStone Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Iron Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Iron Mountain
- Iron Mountain Holiday Inn