“Excellent hotel with great staff and rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Iron Mountain
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Iron Mountain
Minnesota
“Excellent hotel with great staff and rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

I have no complaints. It is a great value for very nice rooms. The breakfast was excellent for a free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

This hotel is a true gem in in the heart of the upper midwest. We checked in at 11:00pm and the front staff was as courteous as had we arrived mid day. They had fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies for us, as I had told them we would arrive late. This is an award winning touch of hospitality. The rooms are immaculate and spacious, the indoor pool/hot tub are excellent, and the breakfast is fantastic. All the staff at the hotel were extremely courteous and helpful with any assistance we required. The free wireless internet worked flawlessly...I have also stayed at this hotel previously for business and never have had any issues whatsoever with superb Internet access. This is truly the best hotel within 50 miles of Iron Mountain, and located right by shopping (Wal-Mart/Home Depot/K-Mart) and fine dining. I would highly recommend the Storheims restaurant directly across from the hotel...great breakfast/lunch/dinner and treats. Other fine restaurants are Fontanas, Romagnolis, and B's Country Cafe.
If you are traveling to the Upper Peninsula or northern Wisconsin, this is definitely the place to stay!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

I always stay here when I'm on a business trip in the area. The staff is friendly and accomadating, the rooms are impeccably clean, and the location is close to the town wal-mart, which is perfect for getting snacks and misc items for my stay. This is "THE" finest hotel in Iron Mountain. Oh, and the rates are usually very competitive.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

Always love newer hotels and this one is no exception; rooms, lobby, breakfast section, etc. all look great and well maintained. Located on main drag through Iron Mountain. CI & S have a thing about folks smoking in non-smoking rooms (could be a MI rule don't know) but its a $250 fine if you do and I actually welcome that as I'm a non-smoker., no stale smoke smell! If you're into waffles, you can make your own for breakfast. Overall, a good experience - would stay again if traveling through.

• Liked — new hotel
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

My sister and I were on the road and needed somewhere to stay. As soon as we drove into Iron Mountain, the Country Inn & Suites was the first place we saw. When I walked in to inquire about availability, friendly Phil at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. He entered our reservation for a two-bed room, and just from general chit chat, he discovered that we were in town for a funeral, qualifying us for the funeral rate. The rate we received was a great deal for what we got.

The rooms are all interior entrances, which is a bonus for two female travelers. The room was clean - very clean - which is #1 on my list of priorities. I didn't even mind walking barefoot in the room. The beds were large (queens I think) and ranked high on the comfort scale. We both slept til 9am which was highly unusual for us!

The night we checked in, we enjoyed a dip in the hot tub and indoor pool, followed by a really good pizza delivered right to our hotel room door from the pizza parlor across the street. We were also surprised by the generous number of channels available on the television.

The next morning, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (which is convenient and budget-friendly for travelers). They had self-serve waffles, oatmeal, cereals, doughnuts and yogurt. I do wish there were more healthy options but there was certainly more variety and quality than we expected. One bonus was that when I mentioned that I forgot my toothpaste, Phil (poor thing, still at the front desk that morning!) gave me a small tube that they had behind the desk for forgetful travelers like me.

One negative was that my cell service was unavailable most of the time - I have Sprint/Nextel - but my sister's AT&T was fine. I do not know the wi-fi or Internet situation since I didn't inquire - usually this is something important to me, so I wanted to mention it.

Overall this was a great facility for travelers passing through town, or even a family on the road.

• Liked — The comfortable bed & the friendly staff
  • Disliked — No cell phone service (not their fault though!)
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2008

I had a great stay at this hotel a few days ago. The hotel is quite new. The room was comparable to any Marriot or Hilton that I have stayed at over the last few years. Comfy, fridge, microwave, breakfast was acceptable with a few hot items. I don't have a negative thing to say about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank honeymoonin