“Great Mexican food and nice, fresh atmosphere”
Review of Carlos Cantina

Carlos Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This new restaurant is just off US Hwy 2 on Ludington Street (about 1/2 block from the highway. Look for the dark green awning).
This place is new and gets packed early. I went about 5 pm and it was already more than 1/2 full. The staff is fast, pleasant and the food is really, really flavorful & good Mexican food. I had a dish I never have seen on a menu before. It is chicken strips and chorizo sausage. Great flavor. Definitely different flavor from other Mexican dishes I have had in restaurants. The different flavors of different dishes is what it is all about.
The front doorway is narrow if you use a wheelchair you may not be able to get through it easily. If you have a helper - you can make it.
Inside it is light and airy and fun painted tables and booths.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The place was packed but our order came out quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful but really rushed us out the restaurant because of the line at the door. I wasn't even done eating when they gave me a box and gave us the check. We were four people and our bill was under $60 including drinks!! We all really enjoyed the food and hope to come back in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Have eaten here twice this week, once with friends and once with my husband. On both occasions the restaurant has been VERY busy. The servers and host staff were friendly and helpful both times, and the wait staff is fast and well trained.
I had different entrees each time, and on both visits the food was hot, delicious, and plentiful. On arrival to your table you receive chips and a bowl of their salsa - a nice touch. The Margaritas I had were very good and prices are extremely reasonable.
This is a great addition to the downtown area, glad they are here and I will be going again!

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I know this place just opened so I know they are just starting out and getting into a groove. I went for lunch. Was greeted nicely and seated right away. The tables are of a cute decor and the walls are painted in cool colors. I bet they will add more decor on the walls in time. The booths are colorful and festive. There is an upstairs area too, so it appears as if they have quite a bit of seating.Our waiter was real nice and personable. I had steak fajitas and they were tasty, and a great price. Chips are served with salsa. The salsa isn't too spicy, but I kind of would expect that because people sometimes complain around this neck of the woods for "too hot" of flavors. (I sure don't but I would not count this against them.) Just add some hot sauce thats right on the table. They play Mexican music softly in the background. I sure hope this place can stick around. The menu has lots of choices and for the prices I think its a great meeting spot. I wish them all the best....I will go back and next time will try a margarita. They looked pretty tasty. Good luck to the Carlos Family and thanks for coming up and opening up a place in Iron Mountain!

2  Thank JKqW
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This restaurant has only been open for 2 days, so there are a few growing pains. It was busy, crowded and there was no system in place for seating people at the bar while they wait for a table. The bar is a bit small, not a lot of beers on tap but I did not see the bottle selection either.

We had a table of 6, so our wait was a little longer. With the just-opened chaos, food was a little slower to get to the table and some orders were mixed up. Not a big deal and kind of expected for a Day 2.

Drinks were large and plentiful. Staff is super friendly and as efficient as possible.

The food was great. Large servings and lots of flavor at a reasonable price. I had fish tacos and the fish was flaked instead of a fillet...my preference! Nice grilled flavor to the fish. The rest of my party were perfectly satisfied with their meals.

We are going to give them a few weeks to work out the "just opened" kinks and then go back. It will be so nice not to have to drive 2 hours for good Mexican food.

3  Thank CrusinCrew