“Great to be just up the hill from Brule”
Review of Ski Brule Resort

Ski Brule Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Iron River
Ski Brule Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Iron River
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed at the Alpine Ranch cabin at Brule, because we were allowed to bring our dog. It is a simple manufactured home, not as cute as most of the cabins around it, but it worked out great for us. The house has three bedrooms and two full baths. It's comfortable, not luxurious, but it worked out perfectly for us. The attached garage has been turned into a game room complete with hot tub, and there is a covered grilling area behind the house. The kitchen is well-stocked, and the bathrooms were loaded with towels (I hate it when rentals are stingy in those areas!)
The house was very clean, and since we crated our dog while we were skiing, we did get daily housekeeping (not always provided if you bring your dog). While there was no doggy smell in the house, I noticed that when I laid my black coat on the sofa it came back up covered with dog hair. Our dog is a non-shedding poodle, and the wrong color, so I know it wasn't our dog! It was no problem for us, but anyone allergic to dogs should request a different cabin. Our dog loved going for walks along the road, through the woods, in the area that has not been developed yet.
Check-in and check-out were simple, and the staff people were very friendly. We bought a package that included nightly activities like tubing or a marshmallow roast, and they were a lot of fun. The town of Iron River is just a ten-minute drive away, and has several grocery stores and a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank STLMomChicago

Reviewed 1 February 2011

I first found Ski Brule in 1978...boldly took five of my children plus two high school friends to the Upper Peninsula to ski. Five of the group (and I) were brand new to the sport.

Thank goodness Ski Brule was on the list of places we wanted to "check out". Long story short...everyone had such a great time that my husband and I planned a family trip for the next year and, over the years that followed, there were many more...adding new in-laws, cousins (etc.) and, eventually, grandchildren. Everyone loved Brule...even those who had skied the big mountains out west.

Why? So many reasons. Great snow and well groomed trails, of course. Skiing and tubing at first, then well thought out additions of new trails and features that would appeal to snowboarders. Great equipment (if you rent), cozy lodge with food service and ski shop, friendly atmosphere, reliable childcare, fantastic instructors, comfortable accommodations. Ski Brule has it all...something for everyone from the smallest beginners to the "go for it" teen and everyone in between. I might add that the overall costs of staying / skiing at Ski Brule are quite reasonable.

I am posting this review now because one of my adult grandsons has taken up the Ski Brule tradition. Two years in a row he has organized trips for friends to the place where he first learned to ski even though he has skied Colorado and Utah, too. Based on their feedback, he now has a "waiting list" of friends who want to "do Brule", too.

Bottom line...Ski Brule is a gem for families with new skiers, young adults, seniors...a variety of hills for all abilities and a friendly and helpful staff who go out of their way to make sure that a Ski Brule experience is the best it can possibly be. If you are a Midwestern skier within a day's drive of Ski Brule, I wholeheartedly recommend that you see what they have to offer.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Caberfae Peaks Ski & Golf Resort
Crystal Mountain
Crystal Mountain
#1 of 1 in Thompsonville

Been to Ski Brule Resort? Share your experiences!