“Excellent Service and Food”
Review of Alice's Restaurant

Alice's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Iron River
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Geneva, Illinois, United States
“Excellent Service and Food”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I live outside Chicago so we have plenty of choices for restaurants. I was in town for a business trip and I read the reviews for Alice's. This is a great restaurant and the service was outstanding. The owners are very nice and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the area. I tried the pork chop and the spaghetti. They have a very good wine list as well. Keep up the good work!

• Visited November 2013

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Terrific Italian food hidden in the UP”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

How can you NOT want to go to a place called "Alice's Restaurant". Do you hate Arlo Guthrie or something? Seriously, this is a very fine Italian restaurant on the main drag of Iron River. Plenty of parking. Well maintained and interesting grounds outside of building. Nice atmosphere inside. Plenty of seating including places where you can have some privacy. The menu is vast, but all of us ate Italian which is about one page not including anipasto. I have mostaccioli with italian sausage. The mostaccioli was with 7 different cheeses, they were huge, tasty, perfectly done, and there were way to many for me to eat by myself; so, I shared. Likewise the sausages were huge and perfectly done. Waitstaff was fast and efficient. Other of our dinners took food with them as there was simply too much to eat. Yes, the prices are high, but considering both quality and quantity of servings, well worth it. I would like to go back and take my time eating and have a little wine; however the party I was with included small children and I was on motorcycle and bike and wine don't mix.

• Visited October 2013
Stanley, Wisconsin
“Great steak”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a gift certificate so our family of four all splurged on steak--pretty pricey but excellent. We also enjoyed the salads, breadsticks and potatoes. This is one of the finer restaurants in Iron River. Yes, there's not much to choose from but this place does a good job.

• Visited September 2013
“A place to eat”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

There isn't much in iron river. This place is a bit over priced and old decorations but then again most places are around here. However if u want more of a real restaraunt this is really your only option. It is a bit overpriced but food is good. As expected it has a limited variety of chooses

• Visited August 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The wait staff are fast and courteous. I've had better Italian food, but overall quite good. They have home-baked cookies to purchase. It was our anniversary so they gave us two free cupcakes, which were moist and delicious.

• Visited July 2013