“Great Cozy Pub with exceptional food!”

Olde Suffolk Ale House
Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in Ironwood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great Cozy Pub with exceptional food!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A must try is the slow cooked "Prime Rib", that's fork tender an infused with subtle flavors. If, however, your in a mood for just a quick bite, order the "Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich" so you can experience the essence of that great cut of meat. It's a great place to eat, drink and relax in a touch of the 1800's atmosphere. A definite stop if you'll be in the Ironwood area.

• Visited January 2014

Watertown, Wisconsin
“A pleasant surprise !”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was up for the Sisu Ski fest. I expected the basic small town Sysco food service inspired Applebee's faire. And when I am proved wrong - I am thrilled !

The Olde Suffolk Ale House is not what I expected in Ironwood. Guinness on Tap, great atmosphere (unfortunately I was up with a ski buddy instead of my family). I had the Friday Tilapia special, it was wonderfully prepared in a blacked / fried manner. Neither baked (boring) nor breaded or battered and fried - somewhere in-between breaded and blackened. Great.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Ron B
Ironwood, Michigan
“Great Atmosphere - Friendly Service”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Loved this little restaurant, great atmosphere and deco. Staff was very friendly and the food was very good. A bit pricey but good.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank dterzano
Ashland, Wisconsin
“needs longer hours”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a nice place with great drinks and above average food, but they seem to be closed as much as they are open. There is not a great late night place for a cocktail where you can get a premium adult beverage after about 10pm, plus they are closed on sunday? a bar? really? The guys in there care more about their golf game than the bar. Too bad...it really is a cool place!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank EatingOutAdventurer
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Decent Saturday night meal”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I had dinner here on a Saturday evening. Based on previous entries and the menu included on this site, we thought we'd be able to get a sandwich or pizza. The Saturday menu is more like a supper club's, however - prime rib, fish, steak, etc. My husband's steak was fine (but nothing special), and my salmon was either overcooked or previously frozen. The service was good. Considering this was one of the only restaurants open at 7 pm on a Saturday, our expectations weren't high to begin with! We were just visiting Ironwood for the day, so we wouldn't come back to this restaurant regardless.

• Visited July 2013