“Great Service and Awesome Steak!”

Maplewood Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Ironwood
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This was our second time at Maplewood Steakhouse (in five weeks) and we will definitely be back! We had the 6oz Fillet that was dry-rubbed for 24 hours with their secret rub, seared to lock-in the flavor and then grilled to perfection (medium rare). I'm very picky about my steak and this was excellent.

They were extremely busy both times we were there, which is a testament to their great food and service; but well worth the wait. Our server Emily was very attentive and professional even though she was slammed.

The bar/grill area has a much richer ambiance, so if you are on a date or a special night; definitely asked to be seated there.

btw...The ice cream brownie desert was a great way to finish off a fantastic meal.

Thanks Maplewood for another GREAT meal and fantastic evening :)

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We saw this steakhouse along the road and thought we would give it a try. We were very happy we did! The host seated us on the bar/booth side, and that was fine with us so we could watch some basketball games while we ate. Mixed drinks were very tasty. My husband had the special steak which was 16 oz. and very reasonable. My steak Oscar did not have much asparagus, but that was my only complaint about the entire meal. Dinners came with two sides. Our leftovers made lunch the next day.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Great food and atmosphere. Good value. We will mark this on our list so we can come back when traveling this route.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had the grilled shrimp dinner. It was not on the menu but they made it for me anyway, so that was fantastic. It came with 8 Jumbo shrimp, which is a lot. My vegetables were delicious but I could have used more, and the sweet potato was the smallest one I have seen in my life. My shrimp was cold when it came out, but overall I was satisfied with my dinner. The mushroom Swiss burger was large and 'just fine'. The service on the other hand was absolutely terrible. So bad in fact, I will never go back.

1  Thank Amber W
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Great food and casual atmosphere. Recommended by the Comfort Inn a block away. We were quite satisfied.