“One of our favorite spots”

Maplewood Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Ironwood
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When we are in Ironwood we love to visit the Maplewood. We have had excellent lunches and the breakfast buffet is outstanding. The dinner hour has found us enjoying the live music as a bonus.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times, always the same. Thier second restraint closed in Ashland, this one should too. There are better options in the area, the food is nothing special, and the service is sometimes okay at best.

1  Thank Aaron431
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We have eaten here previously and the food was good enough. Something has slipped. The appetizer sampler was all pre-packaged items. The blue cheese prime rib sandwich was terrible. The beef was old, fatty, and poor quality. Since there was a
Rime rib special we were assuming much better for the sandwich. The blue cheese was unrecognizeable as any sort of cheese. Not sure we will be coming back.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I were visiting from southern Wisconsin. We stopped in for breakfast and enjoyed their reasonably priced breakfast buffet. We needed to have gluten-free food and they had many items on the buffet that my husband could enjoy. The waiter brought out some toasted/buttered gluten-free bread which was tasty. (which is rare) Later in the day, as the Packers were playing (they did win!), we came back with a friend for dinner. The Maplewood has a gluten-free menu with an adequate amount of options available. My husband chose the ribs with a GF, homemade sauce. He loved them. I had a personal pizza (not GF) which I enjoyed and our friend had their pasta/alfredo (not GF) that he said was delicious. The staff throughout the day were very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Ordered a sandwich & burger & others who arrived after us were finished with their meal before we got ours. Ordered macaroni & cheese for my toddler & it looked like Kraft with a little extra cheese on top. Was disappointed, for the price it should have been homemade. My turkey/ham sandwich & my hubbies burger were good otherwise. Our waitress barely said a word to us. Never told us the specials while the tables around us had a very friendly waitress who informed them of everything.