“A great pasty and that's all!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Joe's Pasty Shop
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Ironwood
Cuisines: Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Joe's Pasty Shop was recommended to us by a local, and indeed had by far the best pasties I've eaten in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I can submit a photo of the front of the shop.
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“A great pasty and that's all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stopped by Joe's for a to-go pasty and had a chuckle--the place is quite simple. You can get a traditional pasty--the only one hot and ready for take-out, or three other varieties for take 'n bake. Other than that the menu offers only a grilled cheese. For eat-in, there's a counter or a few tables. But our pasty was definitely worth the stop: huge, piping hot, great crust, and filled with nice moist meat and potatoes. No surprise why people stop here. It was delicious!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Judy C

“Joe's Pastys are legendary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We have heard a lot of good things about Joes and they were all true. A very simple, affordable, and delicious meal--the Pasty. We always get several Pastys to take home to cook and they are unbeatable. If you are looking for a Pasty, go to Joe's !

• Visited March 2013
Kasson, Minnesota
“Eat like the locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We were told by several people that we HAD to try a Pasty while staying in the UP. We did and we are glad we did. They were good, filling, and I'm sure we'll have them again if ever in the UP.

Visited February 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“"The Pasty that made Pasty's famous" - You bet that's right!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stop here at least once a year if not more often when I get Up North. Joe's Pasty's are always good wether you stop in or get them frozen and bake them in your oven! I have been having Pasties from Joe's since I was a young boy coming Up North with my parents. I like the the traditional and the breakfast Pasty's. They are always great.
Joe's has been in town since nearly for ever. When my mom was growing up in Montreal, WI, her Mom (my Grandma) would get Pasty's from Joe's and Grandma is 93!

• Visited January 2013