“No wonder people like these.”
Review of Joe's Pasty Shop

Joe's Pasty Shop
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Ironwood
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: Joe's Pasty Shop was recommended to us by a local, and indeed had by far the best pasties I've eaten in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I can submit a photo of the front of the shop.
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
“No wonder people like these.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Tasty and filling old time treat .No fancy names, no fancy titles just good ol' great food. I had never people talk about eating pastys before and taking some home with them, but I didn't know why. Now I do nothing was left over. Yum!

Visited April 2014

Waterford, Wisconsin
“Joe's are the best and have been forever”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

If you like the real thing and you have not had had Joe's hot and ready to eat you are missing out. They could put garbage in the middle and it it would taste good in the crust they can deliver. No other Pasty can compare and I have had all of them including what used to be the Royal Bakery in Ironwood too. No comparison. I live 300 miles away now and only get to have them a few times a year but there is no comparison. My family was originally from Hurley so we know what we are talking about..

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank jay762
Eagle River, Wisconsin, United States
“Very tasty traditional pasty”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Whenever we are in the area we stop in at Joes Pasty Shop. No frills but great tasting pasties! Today we picked up 3 traditional pasties hot and took them to a local park to eat. We also took 4 frozen Finnish to go for a meal later in the week. The grandkids love these and always need to go there when we are visiting the Ironwood area.

• Visited September 2013
northern california
“Great Pasty!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We are traveling in the UP and couldn't wait to get a Pasty!! We were not disappointed. They were great. We stopped by early Saturday afternoon and ordered a couple of Traditional pastys. Superb!! It is a no frills place and a friendly waitress!! We will go back if we are in the area. Hope the others we have on the UP measure up!! While we were there several people who were passing thru stopped by to buy frozen ones to take home.

• Visited September 2013
minnesota
“Guess we're not pasty fans”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I'm sure this place deserves the good reviews if you're a local or into pasties. We wanted to try them. They're good but if you're expecting something as moist and flavorful as a potpie, you'll be disappointed. We went at lunchtime and the harried waitress declared that they were out of almost everything. The people just kept coming.

Visited July 2013