“We Don't Drink Beer”

Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a American style restaurant and Brewpub. We have separate dining and bar areas with meeting space available.
Florida
“We Don't Drink Beer”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We didn't stop here for the beer. We came for dinner because we could walk from our hotel. Though they have an extensive beer menu, our interest was in the food menu.

Five adults and two children arrived at about 7 pm Saturday night and were seated immediately, though we hadn't made a reservation. (They do take reservations.)

Many entree choices are greasy or heavy, like cudighi, or fish and chips, or a bacon cheeseburger. Three men in our party ordered the ribs, and all three commented that they were great. Portions were enormous, and not one of the big guys finished their meal.

I chose the black bean wrap and was very pleasantly surprised. It was light, filled with healthy veggies, and really good. The sweet potato fries were excellent as well, and again the portion was too large for me to finish.

There's a children's menu, which includes a cheese pizza bread that the kids liked. Service was good, prices were competitive, and the food arrived quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to stop here again next time I'm in town.

• Visited August 2014
CountryVillage49849, Owner at Jasper Ridge Brewery, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Thanks for the kind words and we are glad you had a great dining experience. We are glad you made it over to dine with us as non beer drinkers. We consider our self a family restaurant with a brewery inside it and as you found out our food menu is pretty darn good also. :-)

helena, mt
“Very good food and service in this little town”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were staying at a nearby RV park and walked to this place. It was lively, we ate in the bar. Service was great, lots of beers to choose from and good food. They had a pretty varied menu with burgers, other hot sandwiches, pasta, and fish. My husband had a Philly which he enjoyed and I had a Cajun spiced fish which was cooked perfectly. The salad was fresh and crisp and service was great. We would return here to eat if in Ishpeming again.

• Visited July 2014
Thanks for the review and the kind words. We are glad you had a great experience and we look forward to sereving you again next time you are in the area.

Ryan L
“We had high hopes, but this missed the mark”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Whenever we take road trips, we make an effort to drink local wherever we are, which means we aim for local craft breweries and brewpubs along our route. We were planning to stop in Marquette but one of the places we had on our list was closed that day and the other didn't open until 4, which didn't fit with our schedule. We were really excited to find Jasper Ridge right along our route in Ishpeming, MI.

The staff were very nice and friendly, and there is a lot of seating inside. They have a large selection in their menu as well, which is always nice.

We ordered the beer sampler first, and were really disappointed in the quality of the beer. Most of the beers had an aftertaste of Iodophor (iodine cleaning solution that is used to sanitize) that rendered them practically undrinkable. The only beer that I could finish the sample of was the Holy Wah.

The food was a bit overpriced, and was not good. My "fruit salad" had apples on I that were disgusting and there were blueberries on it that were shriveled and gross. The Yooper Sliders were ok.

I really hate giving negative reviews, but when I am traveling, I know I appreciate truthful, honest reviews, so I hope this review helps someone. Perhaps we were there on an off day?

Thanks for the review, I apologize that your visit was not up to par. I have shared your review with staff and management and we will use this information to improve. I like to think that you caught us on a bad day as your experience is definitely not a typical one. Regardless, our apologies and please give us another opportunity next time you are in the area.

Lansing, Michigan
“beer aint' bad”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Good bartender giving tastes of the pubs beer.Had the blueberry wheat with added berries?? wow and the fauxtoberfest beer which i liked. they do a good job.

• Visited October 2013
Thanks for the review and we are glad you enjoyed our tasty brews. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Marquette, Michigan
“What happened”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

What happened to the mints? Overall cost doesn't match the good quality. Service was good and it was trivia, very cool

• Visited September 2013
CountryVillage49849, Owner at Jasper Ridge Brewery, responded to this review, 28 October 2014
Thanks for the positive review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!