“Can 't believe this place got a good rating.”
Review of Wonderland Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ishpeming
Wonderland Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ishpeming
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Walking into the lobby I had hopes for the room. The owner was helpful with restaurants and places to walk.
the room was another matter. The carpet was dingy and worn at the door. Wooden window frames had mold. Shades patched with packing tape. It was supposed to be a nonsmoking room but there was a melted hole in the bathroom curtain. The air conditioned was over the bed and it dripped on us.
Walls were clean.

Maybe the owners just can't keep up. If you want to see what can be done with an old roadside motel, check out the Rocket in Custer SD.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KathyWalt

Reviewed 28 August 2013

After reading the reviews I tried out this place. Nice and clean. Our room was on the backside so the highway sound did not effect us. I always travel with a fan and ear plugs (husband snores) :)
BUT I think I would need them anyway if I were on the highway side. It is a great value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is a very nice and extremely clean budget motel. Although it is a dated property, it is definitely well maintained. I agree with the reviewer who commented on the lighting and the towels. The lighting in the bedroom and the bathroom is way above average, and the towels were amazingly thick and soft. Since the property is on the main highway, I was concerned that traffic noise might disturb sleep, but it was not a problem. The owners were friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was limited, but adequate for me. People who like a big breakfast would probably do well to breakfast at a nearby restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jillo131
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Family run small motel. Room dated but very clean. The couple that run this are very nice and accommodating. Good value for the area. Just wanted a room and did not want to pay chain hotel prices. Saw this reviewed as clean so knew it would be a good spot to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Clean, budget place to stay. Great lighting (typically I've found most hotel and motels have poor lighting, but this room had excellent lighting). Nice towels for a budget motel. Small bathroom, but everything was clean and nice. The owner was very nice too.

Room Tip: As with most motels, bring ear plugs, this is a quiet place, but you can hear road noice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morresa
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night. Very clean, comfortable beds, & very nicely-decorated rooms. We didn't see any breakfast, & didn't use the WIFI, so I can't really say much on those. However the couple who runs the motel is very friendly and accomodating. If you're looking for the best-value lodging in Ishpeming, this is the place to go. We would definitely stay again! The rooms are comperable to the larger, more expensive hotels in town for much cheaper.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank yooperman83
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Very charming! Good price, micro, fridge, WiFi, continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank CableSux

Been to Wonderland Motel? Share your experiences!