“Nothing to write home about”
Review of J J Rubys

J J Rubys
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I dont know where all these positive reviews came from...People who dont travel much Im guessing. Everything in JJ Rubys is just average, except the decor, that would need some work and the staff needs a little bit of work. Too much flirting with my husband and friends. Didnt really like the fact that sfaff was sitting at the bar rolling dinnerware and drinking alcohol while on duty....huge turn off I did try the steak medallions, the flavor was great but not a real good deal for the money, I thought I'd get more then the 4 or 5 very small medallions for the price. Overall I'd say they are an AVERAGE wannabe upscale diner.

3  Thank Wiccancharm

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

JJ Ruby's is reminiscent of the 1960's Supper Clubs with great food and really nice folks. Reasonably priced. The fried clams and sides were awesome. Would definitely visit again when I'm in the area.

1  Thank ssim1959
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Awesome home cooked food and priced reasonably. Great place to eat! Came recommended by the Triangle Motel and decided I would try it. I will defiantly be back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had family here from out of state, they were impressed by a good family restaurant, our party had shrimp, fish and swiss steak, salads were very fresh. Some of us had pie it was a real hit.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Celebrated my Aunt's 92d birthday there this weekend. There were over 20 people in our group. The staff and the kitchen worked excellently to see that the food arrived almost all at the same time so that everyone could eat together. The gals that worked our tables were very efficient. I didn't see or hear of any mistakes in the orders. My husband and I each had the beef burrito. It was jam packed with beef and refried beans. On top was cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. The house salsa was yummy, as well. We each had a cold drink and our bill was still under $20. We look forward to going there again as there are several items on the menu we'd like to try.