“All I can say is AWESOME” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 165 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jackson, MI
“All I can say is AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am new to Jackson as I was just transfered here by my employer. One of the other Jackson store managers wanted to meet up for a review of how March treated our two stores and what we could do to help each other and profit the company! He asked where we should go and I told him " The best spot in Jackson!" So we went to The Oak! Yes, it is small, but it has a huge heart. The staff were awesome and hilarious! And the food was even better! It is nice to find a place where you say medium rare about your burger and it literally comes out that way! Their selection of things you can make your burger up with is very in-depth and gives you a lot of selections; some which you would never find at most places!! When I start holding Store Meetings with my staff, this will be the place we ALWAYS attend!

• Visited April 2012

Jackson, Michigan
“Cozy with great soups”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

I periodically eat at Oak Tree for lunch. Its best to get there early because the seating is limited and it fills up fast. Its in an old neighborhood and looks like an old house. The seating and kitchen are all in the one same space surrounded by dark paneled walls. They always have great grilled sandwiches and a variety of soups to choose from - all are great. It used to be smelly when smoking was allowed in restaurants here, but now with the smoking ban it just smells like the delicious food.

Albany, NY
“Feel right at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stopped here because I was in Jackson for business. I'm glad I did. I had a great Turkey Ruben on a pretzel roll and got some great advice on other local places from the friendly folks inside.

East Lansing, MI
“A friendly neighborhood pub in Jackson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

The atmosphere at the Oak Tree Lounge reminds me of a small English or Irish pub bar filled with locals who are happy to tell you their favorites on the menu. The menu is varied, the food was very good, and the service was very friendly. Next time you're in Jackson, stop by the Oak Tree Lounge for a meal and a beer.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chuckster2
Lansing, Michigan
“Excellent Small Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

I've been going here off and on for years. Always good food and friendly service. The broccoli salad is real good and my daughter says the cod and shrimp are good too. If you want to eat somewhere that is good but not a chain this is a good choice.

• Visited May 2011