“Outstanding Service.”
Review of The Win Tavern 33

The Win Tavern 33
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Jenison
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Let's get this out of the way up front. Service was spectacular. You will be hard pressed to find better service anywhere.

So why an average grade. My wife had the Philly sandwich and I had the pork (not pulled and I have forgotten the name) and French fries. The French fries were soggy and tasteless. Both sandwiches were okay. Our mistake was most likely in ordering sandwiches and not burgers. We did hear people rave about the burgers.

On balance, an okay lunch. Not good. Not bad. O.K.

1  Thank Al K

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Went in for a bite to eat and a beer (duh). They just opened, the food was good and the atmosphere was very good. I ordered a burger and it tasted great. There are TV's on all walls with different sports to view. Need to add some decorating to the walls but like I said, they just opened.

2  Thank L B
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I grew up in Jenison. No restaurants, no bars. Not anymore!
A former Pizza Hut has been morphed into The Win. And we liked it!
It was really busy, so it had a happy upbeat vibe. Simple decor, huge bar. We actually sat at the bar. In spite of it being very new, and very busy, the service was quick and attentive. They had a very good selection of craft beer on tap.
I think the Win is doing something very smart. They are starting with a limited menu. There are quite a number of appetizers, but the entree choices are variations of 2 items: burgers and steak sandwiches. My husband had one, I had the other. They did both very well.Delicious food!!
I am impressed with The Win. We'll be back!

2  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 19 October 2016

The Win has recently opened (September 2016) and the restaurant/bar is delicious.
I had the "Get Em N Go'' Burger. This burger reminded me of the late 80's olive burger you all remember eating as a kid. The difference is that the meat is high quality and the buns are wayyy better. The sauce was right on and the chefs interpretation and cooking skill was perfect. My son ate the wings on the first trip and I tried some which brought me bact a second time to eat the wings again. The wings are cooked perfectly. They are a lot smaller than national competitor but you get 2 times more of them. Since they are smaller, the cook on them is perfect. They are super crispy and wet at the same time. (which is hard to do). You get celery and choice of ranch or blue cheese. I think the blue cheese is homemade. It is chunky and delicious. It taste fresh and the celery tastes fresh. There is not many (if Any) Non-Restaurant-Bars in Jenison so I recommend that you go. The pricing is super competitive and their food is also better than their competition. put those 2 things together and you have a one of a kind place. The owners are nice and genuinely care how your food and experience was. The staff is great. My waitress gets an A+. The kitchen which is clean and organized gets an A+. Overall this place gets an A++

1  Thank botfly1
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We went to The WIN tonight. Met Scott, one of the owners. A lot of energy in the place. We had a couple of hamburgers, which were great. I've been to Stella's in Grand Rapids a number of times, and The WIN's burger rivals Stella's. Yes, the burger is that good. We also had chips & guacamole, freshly made when we ordered it. Menu currently is basic bar food, but it's all handmade to order. Scott said that they will be adding salads and more specialty items over the few weeks. The place was full, standing room only. Yes, this is a bar/tavern, so you seat yourself. The WIN opened only a couple of weeks ago, and the wait staff is good, but still getting into the rhythm. Prices were very reasonable. Four drinks, appetizer, two burgers -- all for only $40, not including tip.