“Never had a bad experience”

Olivia's Chop House
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Jonesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've been here several times and whether it's just for drinks, lunch, or dinner we've never had any complaints with the food or service. They have a nice selection on their menu and everything tastes great. From soups to sandwiches, their mac & cheese options, or a glass of wine, it's not only good but a good value.

1  Thank Michigan_Family3

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Well I was in the area and was looking for a NICE restaurant and came across this online a "5 star restaurant". I am a frequest to REAL 5 star restaurants such as Mortons, Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, etc. Going in, I expected that type of service and quality. I will say the wait staff was pleasing to the eye and the atmosphere was beautiful, especially for this area. I was rather shocked as I did grow up in this area. The food was another story. We asked if the steak was aged and the waitress was PERPLEXED and I saw her ask another waitress and they both laughed. I think they thought I was joking or something; at this point I KNEW this was not a REAL 5 star restaurant. She then asked the chef and he said it was aged 16 hours; I almost laughed LOL. Nonetheless I decided to try it out and the presentation was wonderful but it was oh so bland! The calamari that everyone was raving about was some of the worst I've had as it was large as a 22" tire. Very bizarre. Please remember I'm use to the FINEST dining so perhaps Im a little tough on my review here, but again this is suppose to be a 5 star restaurant, or so they say. The bread was absolutely disgusting. We asked about the bread and she said they ran out and this was not the normal bread. Im almost positive they ran up to wal mart and got some bread out of the bakery LOL. I was hungry for dessert but after eating the lackluster food I decided against it. I did have the filet mignon dinner I might add and it was the second worst Ive ever had, as it was quite bland. Still a good value at less than $30! I will say im use to paying $50+ for a steak so I guess for the price it was pretty decent. And again, you are paying for the atmosphere and it was a beautiful restaurant. Maybe Im being a bit harsh but had this not been described as a 5 star establishment I would have given 4 stars, maybe even 5. Great restaurant but not a true 5.

3  Thank VinVanderbilt
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Although we weren't in a hurry, I am not sure how the workers knew this. We got seated right away, but it took awhile to get seen and it was by the manager. We were celebrating our 25th anniv and we had purchased a package at the Munro House B&B that included dinner and a play for $50. The manager was aware of the anniversary and offered us 25% off of our meal, took our drink order, and ran off. Our waitress finally arrived to take our food order (in the meantime we saw people seated after us getting soup and salads and even their main courses!). Our food finally came and was really nothing special compared to restaurants of the same type. Prices were comparable maybe a little less, we each had one drink along with the meal and it was $50. We were full and that's OK. I mentioned about the 25% off and the waitress couldn't do anything (Nor could the manager) about it since the gift card was already processed. We might have stayed for a free dessert for our anniv but that wasn't even thought about by them. We left without dessert or a discount. People say alot of good things about this place likely because they have never been anywhere else to compare it to..........

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were at Olivia's for Fathers day brunch and everything was excellent. Ellie was our server and she was extremely pleasant and fun.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This was part of our weekend stay at the Munro House. I was stunned to find a 5 star quality restaurant in the small town of Jonesville, Michigan. Their food was incredible and the portions were very generous. Everything was so delicious.