“Unique and Relaxing”

Cuisines: Pub
Hudson, Michigan
“Unique and Relaxing”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My fiance and I put a bid on a house in a neighboring town and were starved for dinner. Driving through Jonesville, we spotted Rosalie's and decided to stop. I immediately loved the look of the very-old-house-turned-restaurant and couldn't wait to check it out, as ambiance is really important to me when eating out.

It was a beautiful evening, about 7pm, and we decided to eat in the pretty outside eating area - a brick patio that takes up one side of the house and is adorned with greenery and flower boxes. Walking through the inside of the "house" to get to the patio, I noticed how unique it was, with a bar area, tables, and wood floors, along with a staircase that went to the second floor (I'm thinking the owners live upstairs, but not certain). It was very comfortable-feeling, both inside and out.

The menu isn't extensive, but enough variety to choose from, and they had a few daily specials that were described to us. My fiance had the lasagna, one of the house specialties on the menu. I had one of the daily specials - chicken pesto quesadilla.

We both ordered the Long Island Iced Tea, which was highlighted on the menu as a house speciality. When it came, in a HUGE mug, I was shocked! The alcohol content was obviously less than the very strong cocktails I have had at other places in the past, but it was really tasty and refreshing - and there definitely was some alcohol in it! I couldn't even finish the entire drink.

The food came fairly quickly and was tasty and the portions were good. Many things are homemade, like the French dressing on my fiance's side salad, which he said was good. The food definitely filled us up (my fiance is 6'5" so if it fills HIM up, you know they give you enough!). The service was good, also. If we end up moving, I think this restaurant will become a regular place for us to eat (there's also not much else in the area, so thank goodness Rosalie's is here).

Overall, we had a relaxing, enjoyable dinner in a very unique dining establishment. I would definitely come here again!

• Visited August 2014

Cincinnati
“Off The Charts Pizza”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I get pizza while working pretty often, so to go to a restaurant and order it is not usually high on my priority list. This is a neat house setting, very sharp on layout, in a town like Mayberry. I walked in after working, took one look at the pizza next to me and I had to have it. The sauce was like no other I've had before, I did just work in New York so I have had the best pizza, but this was the best supreme ever. I ate it all and had to be wheeled to the car. I came back in two nights later, Lasagna Food Coma! Walk, Run, Crawl, Call a cab, but get in there!

• Visited July 2014
Port Huron, Michigan
“Girls weekend”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

After spending our "Girls Weekend" in Marshall, Mi. we decided to take the scenic route home. Stopped at a couple little shops in the area and asked where we could go for lunch and the ladies all agreed that we MUST go to Rosalie's. We did and were very pleased. The food was very good and the Long Island Ice Teas were even better. Very unique little house made into a unique little restaurant. Enjoyed it very much. Hope to stop by again when we are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Michigan
“OK...”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stopped at Rosalie's during one of my many trips through Jonesville. My server and staff were very nice. The building and grounds are worthy of space on your cell phones. I ate once inside at one of their very tall bar tables and was so uncomfortable I had to move to a regular cafe table. My salad was presented with flair, but was a "normal" side salad. There was nothing special about my roast beef sandwich. It's a nice place to sit, but I think I would rather sit and sip a glass of wine and enjoy the view rather than eat.

Visited August 2012
Lima, Ohio
“Cute little place”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Was in the area, saw reviews and decided to stop for lunch. Had the family favorite pasta dish and it was amazing. So good and filling didn't need dinner. Cash only.

• Visited June 2013