“Beautiful Property, Great Innkeepers”
Review of Stuart Avenue Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalamazoo
Stuart Avenue Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Kalamazoo B&B and Inns
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Beautiful Property, Great Innkeepers”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at the Stuart Avenue Inn this past holiday weekend and had an amazing stay! We live in the neighborhood and decided to stay b/c we were looking at possible wedding venues. Since we were neighbors, they offered generously offered us a free room upgrade. The garden and grounds are beautiful and the historic house wonderfully kept. We both had wonderful conversations with Chris and Dana-about the property and a wedding at the Inn. The wedding plans are still tentative, but with such beautiful grounds and friendly, accommodating innkeepers, the Stuart Avenue Inn is at the top of our list.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We liked our evening with Chris and Dana. As B&Bs go, this is a larger one. We stayed in the friends & family suite in the top level, which has 2 full beds in one room, a twin tucked into an attic opening, and you could conceivably sleep another on the couch. Has a fridge and kitchen sink as well. The room was clean, quaint, and comfortable.

The grounds are big, with a large garden area. Downtown Kalamazoo is an 8 block walk. Breakfast was lemon ricotta pancakes and turkey sausage. Overall, yum. Do note that as a larger B&B, the tabling was individual rather than grouped together, this is a B&B where I think you're less likely to meet the other guests. Chris and Dana were friendly and helpful. Oh, and how could I forget Belvedere, the sweet, giant dog who'll meet you around the house.

The Stuart Inn comes recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sam_Callahan
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Dana and Chris are Awesome. The Inn is Awesome. Every morning a different home-cooked breakfast that was Awesome. We stayed in the Family and Friends Suite on the top floor. The suite was very roomy and had a large sitting area with a large window which made this room very comfortable and bright. All three beds were very comfortable. Suite had 2 TV's with DVD player and DVD's. Mini kitchen with microwave, small refrigerator. Stayed 5 days and each morning Dana cooked breakfast of our choice. We had scrambled eggs, pancakes, poached eggs with cheese cooked in red pepper rings, bacon, chicken sausage, oatmeal, fruit, toast and jelly, and the list goes on and on. Dana and Chris were truly delightful and made us feel so welcome. They recommended places to eat that were all different and very good. Hope to come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ryan D
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Dana and Chris are great. I only came for one night, and yet they made me feel at home as if I was a long-stay customer. When I asked about public transport from the airport, Dana actually offered to pick me up (which she did); and when my stay ended (after one night) she still found the time in the morning to drop me off at the conference I was going to so that I won’t have to lug my luggage uphill.
The room was spacious and contained its own little kitchen. For my short stay it was perfectly suited, and it seems it would be very comfortable for long stays as well.
When I made my arrangements I wasn’t even aware they grew some of the food they served themselves and that much of it is homemade. The breakfast was delicious (homemade yogurt etc.) and the overall value was perfect. I would definitely suggest this B&B to anyone traveling to Kalamazoo.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LeonJE32
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I booked a room in the carriage house but as they were not full, I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a spacious corner room on the second floor. That touch of generosity and going-beyond-expectations service characterized my short stay. The Inn offers a terrific location close to both downtown dining & entertainment as well as the Kalamazoo College campus, which is across the street. I was in town for the screening of a film which had been directed by a former classmate. By coincidence, we were both booked here at the same inn. After the movie and Q&A, we walked back to the inn and asked the owners Chris & Dana where we could go for a glass of wine and to catch up. Being late on a Sunday night, there weren't too many options that would offer the quiet conversation-friendly ambiance we were seeking... So they offered us a bottle of their own wine, two glasses and sent us out to the front porch to catch up on the past 3 decades. I certainly can't promise this level of service for future travelers, but I was most enchanted... Whenever returning to Kalamazoo, the Stuart Avenue Inn will be my FIRST call! The following morning, I took my coffee and strolled in their garden - which was completely abloom with spring trees and bulbs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RogersParkTraveler
Northfield
Reviewed 1 May 2013

After staying at the inn several times, I have to highly recommend a visit. Chris and Dana do absolutely everything in their power to insure a great visit. We even celebrated my daughter's graduation on the grounds in the beautiful garden. Chris and Dana set up our event, made us coffee, helped us clean up , and, helped us to celebrate Cassandra's milestone. My small family included two wonderful friends in Chris and Dana. Even though they had a full house, make your reservations early, they made time to join in our celebration. I put on a dinner for 8 because I had all that I needed to pull off the dinner. The beds are comfy, the rooms are very clean, everything works and the grounds are beautiful. This inn feels like home. Dana and Chris are superior cooks and breakfast is a treat. Belvadere is a gem of a pooch.
Give yourself a treat and stay at this wonderful inn in Kalamazoo.

Room Tip: All of the rooms provide a different feel and character. I have stayed in 4 and enjoyed all of them...