All reviewsart museumcookies and milkgreat hostshouse is beautifulb bsbreakfast was deliciousthought of everythingwithin walking distancebefore bedtimea lovely place to staypillow barrooms are beautifulevery amenitymodern amenitieswhirlpool tubthe location is perfectthird floor
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great place to stay when visiting Kalamazoo College. Lovely rooms, great breakfast choices, lots of DVDs to borrow and cookies and milk at night! What else could we ask for? We felt like we were staying in "Downton Abbey."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this wonderful and historic B and B in April for one night, and I wish it could have been for several nights longer. Both B's were top notch: the bed and room were extremely well appointed and comfortable; the breakfast was incredible. They do a heroic job in the kitchen. The owners go out of their way to mark sure guests are as at ease as possible. All of my needs were satisfied and thought of before hand. Sure, I was there a short time, but the experience was flawless.

Room Tip: Mine was the smallest which suited me fine. A couple would want something larger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my second stay and I will definitively come back. It's the best place in town. The house is beautiful, the rooms are lovely furnished and you sleep like in heaven. Everything is so well run by Laurel and Terry. They are super friendly and provide you with all kinds of helpful info about what's going on in Kalamazoo. Breakfast is fabulous and I'll come again -- no doubt!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have stayed here often over the past 4 years while visiting our daughter in college. The rooms are beautiful, the hosts lovely, and breakfast wonderful. Our last visit was for our college reunion and some friends also stayed in the B&B. After a long night out, we enjoyed the common room to extend the evening. We always feel welcome and special in the beautiful home and are headed there again this June for our daughter's college graduation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

ever since learning a few years ago that my husband's great great great grandfather's home had been turned into a bed and breakfast. However, since we are on the east coast, and the B&B is is the midwest, I couldn't justify a trip just to visit the family homestead....... until our son said that he wanted to look at colleges in the midwest. Fortunately, Kalamazoo was in our direct path, so I called Laurel to book a night while we were in transit. And what a wonderful (although brief) stay it was! Fortunately, the home still has many original fixtures, while being thoughtfully updated for current travelers. We stayed in the original master bedroom (the Dale Chihuly lighting next door is truly magnificent!). Although David and Emily might not have embraced the whirlpool tub in the original bathroom, it was very relaxing. We had a chance to talk about the family history with Laurel and Terry over a glass of wine before dinner, and were given specific directions as to how to find the family gravesite. Breakfast was terrific as well - I loved that we could pick between sweet and savory choices - and so many options! The location in downtown Kalamazoo is really wonderful - walking distance to many great restaurants and sites. Unfortunately, our time was limited as we had had to head out after breakfast to look at another college......... but with a son headed to the University of Michigan, we will be back to enjoy and explore!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family