All reviewsart museumcookies and milkgreat hostshouse is beautifulb bsbreakfast was deliciousthought of everythingwithin walking distancebefore bedtimea lovely place to staypillow barrooms are beautifulevery amenitymodern amenitieswhirlpool tubthe location is perfectthird floor
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned home from a week long tour through Wisconson and Michigan. On Sat. night we had the great fortune to have picked the Kalamazoo House as a place to stay. The hosts Terry and Laurel made us feel right at home even though we had arrived early. We were shown to our lovely room on the top floor which was beautifully decorated. We were very impressed with the hosts' attention to detail - a vase of roses, nice toiletries, luxurious towels and sheets. Laurel and Terry gave great suggestions for restaurants and things to do, and we enjoyed Rustica Restaurant which was a short walk to downtown. Also took the time to see an exhibit of Tiffany lamps and jewellery at the Art Gallery right next door. In the evening after dinner we enjoyed homemade chocolate chip cookies on the beautiful veranda. We had an extensive choice for breakfast which was served to us at a table for two in a sunny spot in the front window of the diningroom, We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to go back someday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Puntacanasue
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were driving to my parents' house in the Chicago area after a wedding in Detroit over Memorial Day weekend with no firm plans when we decided to stop for the night. We just wanted to relax in a king bed after sharing a room with friends over the weekend and knowing all that was waiting at my parents were the double beds off my childhood room. We always think of going to B&Bs but don't plan ahead enough to get the room we want (king bed with a whirlpool). But we decided to try again this time as we figured everyone would be clearing out after the long weekend. We were in luck! With less than an hour's notice, Laurel and Terry got their lovely king suite with double whirlpool tub ready for us. They were so nice and welcoming, apologizing that most restaurants were closed for the holiday, but telling us what was open, including the Old Dog Brewery which proved delicious. We got the rest and relaxation we wanted, some delicious cookies, and an amazing breakfast. They thought of everything from a coffee maker upstairs to a towel warmer to fresh cut flowers on the desk. I don't know if we will ever get back to Kalamazoo, but if we do, we will definitely stay there again (and give them more than an hour's notice that time :) ).
Katie and Scott

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie A
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for two days in room 3 with king bed and fireplace. The best thing by far that this beautiful B&B has going for it are the warm and caring owners Terry and Laurel. We tried to stay here a while back but my wife got sick the day we were supposed to stay. I called Laurel and said to charge my credit card, I couldn't expect them to lose money with canceling at the last minute. Laurel said she wouldn't charge me, and hoped my wife was feeling better. This is just an example of how accomodating these hosts are. When we stayed here, they seem to anticipate your every need. And they are always checking to see if you are comfortable. But they are not too intrusive. We will definitely be back. Some other notes, the room was a tad small but was comfortable, and considering the great location close to downtown it is a great value. The breakfast was good, liked having a window of 8-10 a.m. to have breakfast. As the other reviews have said, I would not hesitate going to this B&B to be pampered and well taken care of.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great place to stay when visiting Kalamazoo College. Lovely rooms, great breakfast choices, lots of DVDs to borrow and cookies and milk at night! What else could we ask for? We felt like we were staying in "Downton Abbey."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this wonderful and historic B and B in April for one night, and I wish it could have been for several nights longer. Both B's were top notch: the bed and room were extremely well appointed and comfortable; the breakfast was incredible. They do a heroic job in the kitchen. The owners go out of their way to mark sure guests are as at ease as possible. All of my needs were satisfied and thought of before hand. Sure, I was there a short time, but the experience was flawless.

Room Tip: Mine was the smallest which suited me fine. A couple would want something larger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo