All reviewsart museumcookies and milkgreat hostshouse is beautifulb bsbreakfast was deliciousthought of everythingwithin walking distancebefore bedtimea lovely place to staypillow barrooms are beautifulevery amenitymodern amenitieswhirlpool tubthe location is perfectthird floor
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My spouse and I truly enjoyed our three day stay at The Kalamazoo House B&B. It was not only convenient to downtown, the Art Institute, and other sites, but it was convenient to where our son is living.

The breakfast was delicious and varied with choices for all. For other meals, one only needs to walk out the door and down the street.

The owners are pleasant and not intrusive. They have a light touch, but are sincerely interested in their guests.

And, yes, we will stay again when in town--if we can!

Room Tip: From what I could tell there is not a bad one in the bunch and we had one of the less costly!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent 5 nights at the Kalamazoo House Bed and Breakfast while we were looking for housing before I start attending the new medical school in the fall. We had such a great time at this lovely B&B. Laurel & Terry are the nicest people ever; sociable and accommodating. They know the area well and can offer good tips on what to see/eat/drink during your time in Kalamazoo. The breakfasts were to die for and were very filling; complete with fruit, homemade bread, juice, and the main course. I was really impressed with all of the different options for breakfast; we stayed almost a week and we never had the same thing twice. They even served yummy cookies and milk every evening. The building, rooms, and garden are beautiful and the location is very central. They have a wide selection of DVDs to choose from for when you get tired of walking around all day and they always have coffee, tea, sodas, and water available downstairs. We stayed in Room #3, the Fireplace King, and we really enjoyed it. The linens and robes were very comfy and the provided lotion, body wash, and hair dryer were nice.

The only tiny negatives were: if you happened to lie on the crack between the two twin beds it wasn't that comfortable, the faucets in the sink and shower were creaky, the water pressure in the shower wasn't ideal, and it took me a while to figure out how to turn it on to the right temperature.

My family will be staying here in September when they visit for the white coat ceremony, this B&B is highly recommended!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We are a local Kalamazoo couple who have stayed in this B&B now three times, each occasion in a different season, year and room. Our visits have been fantastic each time. It is such a treat to walk to all of the bars, breweries, restaurants, shows, galleries ... that we normally have to drive to and find parking. Laurel and Terry are gracious hosts who have lovingly and very comfortably created their B&B from an historic home. Highly highly recommend to locals and those afar!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My new husband and I absolutely loved our stay at Kalamazoo House. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast selections were vast and all delicious, and the fresh-baked cookies and milk every night were an icing on the cake. Laurel and Terry were incredibly friendly and accommodating, and full of lovely suggestions for how the locals enjoy Kalamazoo and the surrounding area. If you're looking for some relaxation and pampering, this is your place.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

From the parking lot to the bedroom on the third floor every detail was lovingly attended to. Laurel is a perfect and accommodating hostess beaming with friendliness and helpful with information about what to do during your visit. The bedroom was luxuriously appointed with very comfortable beds, sheeting, pillows, towels and robes. And a breakfast that you choose both well made and beautifully presented. I highly recommend The Kalamazoo House.

1  Thank Marguerite B