All reviewsart museumcookies and milkgreat hostshouse is beautifulb bsbreakfast was deliciousthought of everythingwithin walking distancebefore bedtimea lovely place to staypillow barrooms are beautifulevery amenitymodern amenitieswhirlpool tubthe location is perfectthird floor
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There is so much to do in Kalamazoo that we didn't get to spend nearly enough time in the inn. It is so lovely that I could just curl up in the room, gather in the parlor, or read a book on the porch if I had had more time. You can walk to most everything from the inn. Terry and Laurel are so welcoming and make a stellar breakfast. The rooms are luxurious and wonderfully kept to period is possible while keeping modern amenities. Fresh nightly cookies are nice too! We hope to stay again next year!

Room Tip: The original owners' suite is super luxurious with a large bathroom that includes two-person modern jacuzzi. Third floor rooms are not original to the design of the house so I would not choose them, but understand them to still be lovely and in line with period decor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Beautiful old home in the center of K'Zoo. The proprietors could not be more friendly and accommodating.

The location is also near perfect, next to the Museum of Art and within an easy walk of many excellent pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night while seeing a performance in the local Miller Auditorium. The hosts were very hospitable and welcoming when we arrived, the accommodations were clean and comfortable, and breakfast the next morning was wonderful. It's located between some one way streets which tripped us up when arriving, but no problems.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My spouse and I truly enjoyed our three day stay at The Kalamazoo House B&B. It was not only convenient to downtown, the Art Institute, and other sites, but it was convenient to where our son is living.

The breakfast was delicious and varied with choices for all. For other meals, one only needs to walk out the door and down the street.

The owners are pleasant and not intrusive. They have a light touch, but are sincerely interested in their guests.

And, yes, we will stay again when in town--if we can!

Room Tip: From what I could tell there is not a bad one in the bunch and we had one of the less costly!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent 5 nights at the Kalamazoo House Bed and Breakfast while we were looking for housing before I start attending the new medical school in the fall. We had such a great time at this lovely B&B. Laurel & Terry are the nicest people ever; sociable and accommodating. They know the area well and can offer good tips on what to see/eat/drink during your time in Kalamazoo. The breakfasts were to die for and were very filling; complete with fruit, homemade bread, juice, and the main course. I was really impressed with all of the different options for breakfast; we stayed almost a week and we never had the same thing twice. They even served yummy cookies and milk every evening. The building, rooms, and garden are beautiful and the location is very central. They have a wide selection of DVDs to choose from for when you get tired of walking around all day and they always have coffee, tea, sodas, and water available downstairs. We stayed in Room #3, the Fireplace King, and we really enjoyed it. The linens and robes were very comfy and the provided lotion, body wash, and hair dryer were nice.

The only tiny negatives were: if you happened to lie on the crack between the two twin beds it wasn't that comfortable, the faucets in the sink and shower were creaky, the water pressure in the shower wasn't ideal, and it took me a while to figure out how to turn it on to the right temperature.

My family will be staying here in September when they visit for the white coat ceremony, this B&B is highly recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple