“Great food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to saffron for the first time and had a great meal. She ordered tandoori chicken and I had chicken tikka masala. We split a garlic naan and so saffron rice. Everything was excellent. We will be back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Saffron

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is was one of the best indian restaurant in town comparing it to the other indian restaurants I have eaten at within kalamazoo/portage. Also this wasn't my first time coming to this restaurant in which they offer an indian buffet and also have an area allocated for big family events. The service was great and the taste of food was amazing but i realized the quality of food later. It upsetted my stomach and also my family members. Before, this didn't happen, so I do not what caused it because every time we have came, we ordered the same thing ( Butter Naan and Malai Kofta). Anyways that should not happen and has caused a few of my family members and I frequent visits to the bathroom the last couple days. Other then that the experience was quite family friendly. I hope the quality of food isn't carried out throughout the menu because they do have a large group of choices you can make and the food is delicious!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Restaurant is in a little side mall area. While it has some ambiance, one must really like the food (East Indian) as there is not a lot of other alternatives on the menu

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have eaten in a couple of other Indian restaurants in the Greater Kalamazoo-Battle Creek area and I would say that this place is the best for me. Saffron offers Indian buffet during lunch and ala carte dining in the evening although you can also order ala carte for lunch. I had a few dinner at this place and I could very well say the food is excellent. My favorite was lamb shahjahani and baigan bharta. The ala carte menu, however, tends to be in the pricey side. My favorite time to go here is lunchtime when they have the buffet. The food are very good to excellent although a couple are a bit oily. Their tandoori chicken is excellent, tasty and the meat is moist, not dry. They have a salad which is very, very good. They gave two types of rice: plain basmati and the saffron rice, which I really love. A few of my favorites are the vegetable korma, baigan bharta, lamb keema, palak paneer and channa masala.

The place is busiest during lunch hour. Service is ususally very good. The place is itself is clean, moderate in size with a good modern interior with Indian décor that is not overpowering. The owners themselves can be usually seen serving during lunch hour buffet and are very friendly. This place is located in a small strip mall along West Main Ave. and parking is usually not a problem.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Excellent menu and food! On eo fthe best Indian restaurants I have ever eaten at. Curried lamb, saffron rice and the Lamb Naan were all excellently down. Highly recommended if you like Indian food. Party of 3 and everyone raved about it.