“The usual toned down Indian food but with nice decor”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #16 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“The usual toned down Indian food but with nice decor”
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

The food (even spicy) felt toned down for the authentic Indian style food. But the restaurant on the inside is stunning, gorgeous even. Of course when you order your meal rice is not complimentary, and neither is the bread...so the 13$+ meal becomes even more with addition of basic Indian essentials (well rice I mean, they even make a special rice that is salty...)

Michigan
“Chicken Tikka Masala”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I'm addicted to there Chicken Tikka Masala. Its such a wonderful dish. I find it hard to believe that even those who claim to not like Indian food wouldn't love this. Order it with some saffron rice and a garlic naan (type of bread). You will be hooked. Its sooo good.

• Visited March 2013
Paw Paw, Michigan
“Great food”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to saffron for the first time and had a great meal. She ordered tandoori chicken and I had chicken tikka masala. We split a garlic naan and so saffron rice. Everything was excellent. We will be back for sure.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“The Food was great, but.”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is was one of the best indian restaurant in town comparing it to the other indian restaurants I have eaten at within kalamazoo/portage. Also this wasn't my first time coming to this restaurant in which they offer an indian buffet and also have an area allocated for big family events. The service was great and the taste of food was amazing but i realized the quality of food later. It upsetted my stomach and also my family members. Before, this didn't happen, so I do not what caused it because every time we have came, we ordered the same thing ( Butter Naan and Malai Kofta). Anyways that should not happen and has caused a few of my family members and I frequent visits to the bathroom the last couple days. Other then that the experience was quite family friendly. I hope the quality of food isn't carried out throughout the menu because they do have a large group of choices you can make and the food is delicious!

Michigan
“Only go if you like the food”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Restaurant is in a little side mall area. While it has some ambiance, one must really like the food (East Indian) as there is not a lot of other alternatives on the menu