Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo
Comfort Inn(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$93
ComfortInn
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$89
US$85
US$133
US$157
All reviewsfull size refrigeratorfront deskan extended staypots pansallow petsbusiness travellaundry roomrooms are nicetop floorhome away from homethe entire staffpropertyexitsmaintenancehallwaybulbroomy
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Recently, my family and I stayed at this hotel after having to stop over in Kalamazoo for a bit. It's tucked away in a quiet area, and is so clean and modern. I could get a peaceful night's sleep without the loud noise of the city. The laundry facilities are convenient and clean, and the work-out room was filled with state-of-the-art equipment. Since I like the temperature to be extra cold in my room, Debbie Mahone, the General Manager, moved us to another room right away without a problem and made sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay a comfortable one. The customer service and friendliness of the General Manager and staff here are excellent; without question. Everyone at this hotel treated us like family. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

We genuinely appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us, and we are absolutely delighted that you are pleased with your stay! It is our hope that you continue to consider us an extension of home!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here while on business in Kalamazoo. Located out of town in a quiet spot a couple of minutes from the interstate. A Denny's 2 mins away was good but rooms have full kitchens if you feel so inclined. The hotel is spotless and very modern. Very good value for money and perfect for business. Not gret if staying for more than a couple of days as rooms are only made up once a week.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Our entire staff takes such pride in our beautiful new hotel and we are happy to see that it shows! We thank you for your positive remarks and hope to see you on a return visit to Kalamazoo for either business or leisure.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for 9 months and will be here several more months. We have always received great service. When we have questions or need assistance, we communitcate to the staff at the front desk and have always received prompt assistance and great service. The hotel is quiet. No highway noise. When the staff found out that it was our anniversary, we arrived back at the hotel that evening to find a card and cake in our room. We appreciated the thoughtfulness of the staff and manager. We use all the facilities at the hotel and have found the exercise and laundry room clean and organized for our use. The hotel sponsors manager appreciation evenings a few times a week and the food is catered by local businesses. The food is good and plentiful. Always enjoyable. The hotel is convenient to restaurants, casinos and events in the Kalamazoo Area and only 30 to 45 minutes to the lake. Great Location!!

Room Tip: Love the 4th floor, quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

The entire Candlewood "family" wishes to extend a sincere thanks to you for your kind words! It is truly rewarding to have the opportunity of serving such valued guests and we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. We recognize that guests have choices as to their rooming needs ----- and we are absolutely delighted that you chose us! Many Thanks!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The place was fine. It was very clean. Really, really quiet. No highway noise. No crazy mechanical noises in the walls, etc.

The elevator might be the slowest machine ever. After my first use I just used the stairs. The building is only four floors; I really could not believe how slow the elevator was. Clearly not a big deal.

I don't think there was anywhere to eat in the hotel. I am not totally sure as I was up & out early both of the days I was there and never looked.

The room had a nice kitchen setup. Again, very clean. The bed was comfy and they have the overstuffed pillows like all hotels do these days.

The bathroom was standard with tiling, granite counter sink and fiberglass shower. Their soap/shampoo was the el cheapo stuff.

My only complaint would be the towels. They were really not soothing at all. They were a rough material and more of a rag than a fluffy towel you would like to towel off with.

The hotel had free wi-fi which is good and I now expect to have anywhere I stay.

I had to laugh because I just was at the Westin in Austin, Texas that costs about 4 times what this place costs and they hit me up for $15/day for wi-fi in my room. What a total joke.

The TV seemed to have alot of channels that did not have good reception. I didn't care...I just had ESPN on which came in fine.

Given how clean and quiet the whole place was, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo. We realize there are numerous hotel options available to you in the area, so thank you choosing to stay with us and give us feedback on your stay. I apologize the elevator did not meet your expectations. We have had our elevator inspected and while no mechanical issues have been detected, I do apologize the speed of operation was not satisfactory to you. While we do not have a restaurant in the hotel, we do have The Candlewood Cupboard, a 24 hour sundries and refreshment area, adjacent to the front desk. There are multiple refreshments as well as meal options available for you in the Cupboard as well as complimentary coffee, tea and fresh fruit. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations with our cleanliness and upkeep of the hotel so we're very pleased that you were happy with the not only the layout of your room, but the cleanliness as well. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the softness of your towels. After speaking with our Housekeeping Supervisor, it was brought to my attention that we had a glitch in our fabric softener dispenser thus not getting the proper amount of fabric softener on each load of laundry washed. We have thus corrected this problem and the towels now have a softer feel. We truly want every guest to feel as if they are home away from home while staying with us so we have complimentary amenities to reflect just that. We're glad you were able to utilize our complimentary high speed internet access. We have 12 access points for rapid speed connectivity. If you are ever in the area again, we would love the opportunity to exceed your expectations with your overall stay (with freshly softened towels, of course! :) We again want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was the worst customer service I have ran into at a hotel ever. We had a group of eight rooms reserved two weeks prior to our event in Battle Creek. I personally called customer service on Thursday afternoon before checking in on Friday to make sure our reservation was all ok. At that time I was told by the front desk that all of our room were being locked in as we spoke and everything was good to check in on Friday. Upon our first two families checking in their rooms were told there was no way they could be put next to each other and the entire group was going to be split up. After explaining that we were all to be put together the people checking in at that time were given two different rooms on different floors. When one of our people checked into their room it was dirty and had not been cleaned. After some "shifting around" the guest service some how ended up finding two rooms across from each other. Each family checked with more and more issues. We were given one rooms on the first, second, third, and fourth floor. Needless to say it was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had at a hotel. The communication between one shift to the next was next to nothing. I would NOT recommended staying at this hotel for any group at all. They cannot accommodate due to their "EXTENDED STAY" policy. I have stayed in other Staybridge Hotels and loved them. This does NOT have a pool or FREE breakfast. After all of our troubles we were offered anything out of the food room for free, not what I would consider any type of compensation for the inconvenience we experienced. I made a choice not to take my frustration out on the guest service clerk working the front desk as they didn't seem to have a clue of what was going on from one shift to the next. If I had read the other reviews I would have never reserved rooms at this hotel. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra to go somewhere that has better reviews.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa M
debbiem12, Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

It is always our sincere endeavor to accommodate the requests of each and every one of our valued guests. We recognize guests have a choice in their selection of hotels ----- so we are honored when that choice is Candlewood Suites. In regards to the selection of specific room numbers and the blocking of rooms together, though we make every attempt to honor these requests (and are usually able to do so), it is occasionally impossible for us to do so due to other in-house guests that may choose to extend their stay longer than anticipated. Such a scenario is very typical in any extended-stay brand hotel. Consequently, though we are able to guarantee a guest's specific room type and rate, we are unfortunately unable to always guarantee that their room blocks of 5, 10, or 20+ rooms are all together. In this particular case, we are happy to say that we were able to keep all but one of the guest rooms in the block together with the other rooms. After redistributing our inventory for the day, we were, in fact, able to offer the guest a room near their block, but they declined and opted not to move. We do apologize if the guest feels that the compensation offered was insufficient; however due to the numerous guest complaints we received from individual members of this group as a result of noise and disruption, we were unable to offer more in terms of complensation. We are happy that we were able to achieve overall satisfaction from the group stay, as was indicated by the comments of several individual members of the group at check out; and we appreciate the opportunity of serving them.

Candlewood Suites-Kalamazoo