“Very nice accommodations!”

Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Convenient location, close to highway exits yet very quiet. We enjoyed our room while visiting family in Kalamazoo. Very clean and comfortable. We've stayed here in the past and enjoy the comfort and layout of the rooms. We even were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a one bedroom suite but declined as we found the room we had was more than ample for our two-day stay. I especially liked the room darkening shades to block out the light as I am sensitive to light when sleeping.

Room Tip: These suites are nice enough for extended stays while vacationing in the area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are happy to have been able to accommodate you during the visit with your family! Please stay with us again on your next trip to Kalamazoo. Your Candlewood "family" thanks you!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Truly up to the high standards of the Candlewood chain: extremely clean, and a perfect little kitchen with full-size fridge. We liked it's quiet location, especially being so near to I-94.
The gentleman who checked us in was very nice and had a witty reply to my question when I asked what time they rolled-out the breakfast buffet: he said that their breakfast sandwiches (from their lobby pantry) are available 24x7 and are very tasty when microwaved by us up in our room!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

We are pleased and delighted that you were happy with your accommodations and with the "witty reply" of our Guest Services Associate (Michael)! When I shared your cheerful comments with him ..... that gave him such a chuckle and made his day! Our entire Candlewood family thanks you for your stay!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Convenient to the interstate on the outskirts of Kalamazoo. Designed for the business traveler staying for multiple nights - more than ample kitchen, huge work desk. Leather recliner a nice touch. Clean, comfortable, quiet accommodations.

Be aware that daily housekeeping service is spartan by design - you're asked to swap out towels and linens at the front desk if you desire fresh outside of the weekly or post departure full cleaning. No pool, indoor or outdoor. Non pedestrian friendly location, you'll need to drive for restaurants, groceries, etc. Small pantry off the lobby with some grocery and breakfast items for purchase. Families with kids would be better served with another hotel serving breakfast, having a pool, etc. but a very serviceable hotel for the multi-night business traveler.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks so very much for your response. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations. We are happy to we fit your hotel needs! Thanks again for staying and please visit us again should you return to Kalamazoo.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Recently, my family and I stayed at this hotel after having to stop over in Kalamazoo for a bit. It's tucked away in a quiet area, and is so clean and modern. I could get a peaceful night's sleep without the loud noise of the city. The laundry facilities are convenient and clean, and the work-out room was filled with state-of-the-art equipment. Since I like the temperature to be extra cold in my room, Debbie Mahone, the General Manager, moved us to another room right away without a problem and made sure that we had everything we needed to make our stay a comfortable one. The customer service and friendliness of the General Manager and staff here are excellent; without question. Everyone at this hotel treated us like family. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

We genuinely appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us, and we are absolutely delighted that you are pleased with your stay! It is our hope that you continue to consider us an extension of home!!!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here while on business in Kalamazoo. Located out of town in a quiet spot a couple of minutes from the interstate. A Denny's 2 mins away was good but rooms have full kitchens if you feel so inclined. The hotel is spotless and very modern. Very good value for money and perfect for business. Not gret if staying for more than a couple of days as rooms are only made up once a week.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Our entire staff takes such pride in our beautiful new hotel and we are happy to see that it shows! We thank you for your positive remarks and hope to see you on a return visit to Kalamazoo for either business or leisure.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for 9 months and will be here several more months. We have always received great service. When we have questions or need assistance, we communitcate to the staff at the front desk and have always received prompt assistance and great service. The hotel is quiet. No highway noise. When the staff found out that it was our anniversary, we arrived back at the hotel that evening to find a card and cake in our room. We appreciated the thoughtfulness of the staff and manager. We use all the facilities at the hotel and have found the exercise and laundry room clean and organized for our use. The hotel sponsors manager appreciation evenings a few times a week and the food is catered by local businesses. The food is good and plentiful. Always enjoyable. The hotel is convenient to restaurants, casinos and events in the Kalamazoo Area and only 30 to 45 minutes to the lake. Great Location!!

Room Tip: Love the 4th floor, quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

The entire Candlewood "family" wishes to extend a sincere thanks to you for your kind words! It is truly rewarding to have the opportunity of serving such valued guests and we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. We recognize that guests have choices as to their rooming needs ----- and we are absolutely delighted that you chose us! Many Thanks!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The place was fine. It was very clean. Really, really quiet. No highway noise. No crazy mechanical noises in the walls, etc.

The elevator might be the slowest machine ever. After my first use I just used the stairs. The building is only four floors; I really could not believe how slow the elevator was. Clearly not a big deal.

I don't think there was anywhere to eat in the hotel. I am not totally sure as I was up & out early both of the days I was there and never looked.

The room had a nice kitchen setup. Again, very clean. The bed was comfy and they have the overstuffed pillows like all hotels do these days.

The bathroom was standard with tiling, granite counter sink and fiberglass shower. Their soap/shampoo was the el cheapo stuff.

My only complaint would be the towels. They were really not soothing at all. They were a rough material and more of a rag than a fluffy towel you would like to towel off with.

The hotel had free wi-fi which is good and I now expect to have anywhere I stay.

I had to laugh because I just was at the Westin in Austin, Texas that costs about 4 times what this place costs and they hit me up for $15/day for wi-fi in my room. What a total joke.

The TV seemed to have alot of channels that did not have good reception. I didn't care...I just had ESPN on which came in fine.

Given how clean and quiet the whole place was, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo. We realize there are numerous hotel options available to you in the area, so thank you choosing to stay with us and give us feedback on your stay. I apologize the elevator did not meet your expectations. We have had our elevator inspected and while no mechanical issues have been detected, I do apologize the speed of operation was not satisfactory to you. While we do not have a restaurant in the hotel, we do have The Candlewood Cupboard, a 24 hour sundries and refreshment area, adjacent to the front desk. There are multiple refreshments as well as meal options available for you in the Cupboard as well as complimentary coffee, tea and fresh fruit. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations with our cleanliness and upkeep of the hotel so we're very pleased that you were happy with the not only the layout of your room, but the cleanliness as well. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the softness of your towels. After speaking with our Housekeeping Supervisor, it was brought to my attention that we had a glitch in our fabric softener dispenser thus not getting the proper amount of fabric softener on each load of laundry washed. We have thus corrected this problem and the towels now have a softer feel. We truly want every guest to feel as if they are home away from home while staying with us so we have complimentary amenities to reflect just that. We're glad you were able to utilize our complimentary high speed internet access. We have 12 access points for rapid speed connectivity. If you are ever in the area again, we would love the opportunity to exceed your expectations with your overall stay (with freshly softened towels, of course! :) We again want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.