“Excellent long-term stay experience”

Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for 30+ days after I sold my home. The staff was friendly, helpful of all requests, and respected my privacy. Housekeeping staff was friendly, respectful of my things, and were careful with my 2 cats. The hotel does allow pets for what I thought was a modest fee of $75 that pays for a thorough cleaning of the room upon your leave. With some minor exceptions, the room was comfortable and clean, including the beds. Rooms were also designed for longer stays and included a regular sized refrigerator, stove top, microwave, pans, dishes, ect. While it lacked a pool or breakfasts, I appreciated the free on-site laundry. This was an excellent long-term stay, and I intend to stay at other Candlewood Suites.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, which was very quiet, even by the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Samantha B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Jaime,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you stay at the hotel and to be able to get to know you! I hope that the move went well for you. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Candlewood Suites

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

By paying just a little more in this area I felt safe. The other hotels around there are nasty, this one is brand new. Great location and friendly service. Quiet and the beds are super nice! If you have never stayed at one of these hotels you will be very impressed. Thanks again for the stay we will be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Samantha B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Anjill4you,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to see that you enjoyed staying at our property! We take pride in the service we give guests and try and go out of our way to make our guests feel safe and secure when staying with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were temporarily working in the Southern Michigan. The Candlewood Suites was found on the internet as a local hotel with a full kitchen. We travel a lot for work and a kitchen was a necessity.

We were on the 2nd floor looking north. The room was clean and the room comes with a desk for working and a comfortable leather chair for the seldom but necessary relaxation. The kitchen is well stocked with pots, pans, dishes and silverware. We were surprised with the full size refrigerator and a dishwasher. The dishwasher was a welcome addition.

We found the bed comfortable and in good condition. We were especially happy with the staff and a particular recognition of Brittany (sp). She was always a happy and welcoming face. She was articulate at check in and always smiling when we walked through the lobby.

The hotel has a small snack and refrigerated area for various items for purchase. They also have a work center with a laser printer.

Overall, we were overwhelmed with the staff and the convenient location. One of the best hotels we have stayed in while working.

We would highly recommend the hotel for your business travel needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Woody B
Samantha B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Woody,

Thank you so much very much for the review! I speak for the rest of the staff when I say it was truly a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. I know you are enjoying that Arizona weather right now in your flip flops and shorts but hopefully you come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

What a beautiful, modern hotel. We stayed in a King suite and it was gorgeous. So clean and accommodating. They had all of the necessary essentials for the kitchenette and also left us a bag of popcorn on the counter. They had a great selection of food available to purchase and DVD's to rent! The staff was so helpful and friendly. The only complaint I have is that there were some crumbs in the pull out couch mattress. I think it might have gotten missed during cleaning. Other than that, wonderful experience. We will definitely be staying here again and you should too!

• Stayed: February 2014
Samantha B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

LLambright,

I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel! It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the special perks Candlewood offers. I am sorry to hear about the crumbs in the pullout sofa. I have made our executive housekeeper aware of the issue so the next time you visit us this will not happen.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I travel across the country the majority of the year. I stay a large part of it at the Candlewood. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, location is secure and the staff are more than accommodating. I would definitely recommend this motel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Samantha B, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Michelle,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while at our property! We take pride in the cleanliness of rooms. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in the Kalamazoo area!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The accomodations are still good in that the rooms are well kept, the bed is fine. Some time between when I started staying there regularly and now they have shifted a few things. They only seem to offer really stiff and too full pillows which are hard to get a good nights sleep on. The blowdryers in many rooms don't work and there are not enough extra to borrow so I had to try and dry my hair over the room heater. The milk I picked up at their food pantry was bad. The internet never really works well anymore. The refrigerator in the current room is noisy. It is a shame as this was my favorite place to stay when I came in once a month to Kalamazoo but the little things are starting to add up. The staff is always very nice and tries to help. The internet issues seem to be 'unsolvable' with the tech support always saying it is my ipad and not their system. Hmmm, the ipad works all day great at work then only slows to a crawl when at the hotel. This seems like a hotel router issue or something else specific to the property. I would stay a good place to stay if you are not concerned about having internet or depending on other hotel items and like a good hard pillow.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear kristen k,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. It is nice to hear that you are a regular visitor to the hotel. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations this particular day and regret that you were not satisfied with the conditions of the pillows you received. I have taken note of your comments regarding the internet service Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the quality of products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nicer than I was expecting. I was disappointed that breakfast was not included however my room was full suite with stove so perhaps that is why. Most hotels in this price range do offer breakfast though. In addition, the internet was a bad connection and my phone and computer were bumped off internet connection repeatedly. The room was clean with nice large desk for work.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business